Video Editing Software?

How does the feature set of Premier Pro CS6 compare to the CC version of the same?

The first place I'd go is here, as it's Adobe's own comparison chart, comparing ALL features of CC against CS3-6:
Premiere Pro CC vs. CS6 versions | Adobe Premiere Pro CC history

You can also check out the following links for additional comparison info:
What’s the Difference Between Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) vs. CS6?
What’s the Difference: New Adobe CC 2015 vs. CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3?
Creative Cloud (CC) or Adobe CS6 – Which Should You Buy?

You could view these two YouTube videos:

Lastly, you might want to read this "Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade" article:
The Top Ten Reasons to Upgrade to Adobe Premiere Pro CC

In regards to the "Top 10" list, #1 is of little importance to me (code is, essentially, code), #2 is worthless to me (I have my own cloud server), #3 you can create yourself through the use of numerous keyboards, #6 is of no use to me, #7 is of little use to me, and as for #9 I would never use.

Regarding #10, if you really felt you needed it, you could always purchase/install SpeedGrade CS6, as there are still several sources, including eBay, where you can get it. At the same time, unless you're doing actual professional work, using video from multiple camera sources, there's not much of a need. I currently use video from three sources (Phantom 3 Professional, Samsung Galaxy S6 (it shoots outstanding 1080p & 4K video, with excellent audio), & a Canon SX 60HS). This year, I shot my church's Easter production using the Canon, and while not "professional" quality, it did turn out quite nice. The reason I'm mentioning my 'cameras' is the fact that I didn't need anything as powerful as SpeedGrade...I simply did clip-by-clip color corrections as-needed.

If you don't need the power of Premiere, there's always the almost-as-powerful, yet free, which I understand is an excellent product, although it could be considered to have a somewhat-steep learning curve. Other than that, you could always get Adobe Premiere Elements 13 ("old" version) or 14 (just-released) for less than $100. Whatever you get (one of these, or something entirely different), unless you're working on professional-quality final output (which, if you're using a Phantom 3, it's unlikely you're doing truly professional work), any of them will meet...and probably exceed...your needs.

Reactions: pchin2
I use Vegas Pro 13.
Powerful, yet simple and intuitive.

I've been recording 4k in mov format.
Should I change to mp4?
My Vegas takes 15 minutes to render a 3 minute 4k (ultra HD) clip.
i7 laptop, 16Gb RAM, 4 Gb graphic card, SSD.
Yes, you'd be better off using the mp4 format for Windows.
You will get better results if you place your input files on an external drive (SSD if possible) and then also output to another external drive. Leave your main drive alone to run the Vegas P13.

I just downloaded it yesterday but have not tried it out yet. How stable is it. I am changing video editors because the one I have keeps crashing like every 5-10 Min. I assume there are good YouTube tutorials on how to use the software.
I haven't experienced any crashes with resolve and I've been using it a few weeks now. Yes check YouTube for tutorials, that's how I learned.

I just downloaded it yesterday but have not tried it out yet. How stable is it. I am changing video editors because the one I have keeps crashing like every 5-10 Min. I assume there are good YouTube tutorials on how to use the software.
I haven't experienced any crashes with resolve and I've been using it a few weeks now. Yes check YouTube for tutorials, that's how I learned.

With Davinci its all about your HW. If you have a decent computer you should be fine. BUT - be aware - Davinci is a professional software and therefore it requires (most of the time) a PRO codec sources (Avid DNxHD, Apple PRORES, GrassValley (QT) HQX). If you try to use it directly with your camera clips it either wont be able to see them OR they wont work OR it will be laggy as hell... So I would go for a good convertor like Cinec or ClipToolz Convert (they discontinued it like a month ago or so due to Apple ProRes licencing so I am not sure if you can download it - its free though... If not just gimme yell I can upload it somewhere)

And one more thing - Davinci Resolve is pretty sensitive so to speak for sudden changes of working environment - for example - you use it, you shift tab to browser you shift tab to folders you shift tab to I dont know audio player or so and then you shift tab back to Davinci - its likely gonna crash or its gonna start lagging when playback... So just make sure that when you edit in Davinci you focus on editing only and not a zillion other things :)

How about Wondershare Video Editor as a simpler alternative to Final Cut Pro? Any experience with it?

Edit: May not be able to handle 4K?
I like Wondershare for its speed and ease of use.... I am really liking Filmora, but I still use Adobe Premiere, PowerDirector, Corel Video Studio Pro, and Vegas Pro 12. .... "HELP ME Pick One" Theres too many....

I like Wondershare for its speed and ease of use.... I am really liking Filmora, but I still use Adobe Premiere, PowerDirector, Corel Video Studio Pro, and Vegas Pro 12. .... "HELP ME Pick One" Theres too many....

Currently, I'm a Wondershare Filmora user. Yes, it is indeed very easy to use (perfect for beginner) & very fast! It's ok for non-commercial video editing, results are quite nice but of course we can't expect it to produce similar output & quality as the other high end softwares. I've used Vegas Pro before (old version) & also like it. I'm very comfortable with these two but I'm also considering into Adobe Premiere Pro.

I guess as of now I'm reluctant to leave my existing comfort zone to start a new learning curve which will take time & patience. Anything with a monthly fee ain't incentive & making it harder to to pull the string. :)

After seeing Fredrick Hagan's beautiful tutorials, I'm really tempted. Can the newest Vegas Pro edition do color grading & selective adjustment?

Looks interesting, I'll check this out thanks :)
Good program-- I use it-- used to use Adobe Premier Elements-- but this one is easier to use and more features.

Reactions: pchin2
Thanks I'll keep those converters in mind. Do you have to Proxy the clips or can you use them as is or as converted?

Depends... Sometimes I do sometimes I dont but if you do - Davinci can either create optimized media for you or you can use its built in on the fly proxy system so you dont have to wait..

Good program-- I use it-- used to use Adobe Premier Elements-- but this one is easier to use and more features.

The PowerDirector 14 Ultimate is $129.99, Ultimate Suite (comes with ColorDirector 4) is $249.99 & Director Suite 4 (comes with both ColorDirector 4 & PhotoDirector 7) is $269.99.

Quite confusing to choose. Not sure if I really need ColorDirector 4 & PhotoDirector 7. Any suggestions bobmyers? :)

The PowerDirector 14 Ultimate is $129.99, Ultimate Suite (comes with ColorDirector 4) is $249.99 & Director Suite 4 (comes with both ColorDirector 4 & PhotoDirector 7) is $269.99.

Quite confusing to choose. Not sure if I really need ColorDirector 4 & PhotoDirector 7. Any suggestions bobmyers? :)
If you are doing color corrections for video you will need Ultimate Suite. If you work with a lot of stills, then I would consider adding Photo Director. I don't work with stills much, so I really don't know a lot about that add on. I use a free photo editor that works well enough for me.

I've used Sony Vegas, DaVinci Resolve Lite and Corel VideoStudio Pro X8. I've also processed with ProDrenalin (not needed on P3, but required on P2Vs and P2 w/GoPro), and ReSpeedr. And of course Dashware for adding telemetry overlays.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I also really like PhotoDex Proshow Producer which is slideshow software. It's great if you're combining stills with video clips (but is weaker in video corrections - DaVinci Resolve is the king). Proshow does support 4k in the latest version.

Anyway, my advice is try a free trial of one of two of them and see what you like best.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
If you are doing color corrections for video you will need Ultimate Suite. If you work with a lot of stills, then I would consider adding Photo Director. I don't work with stills much, so I really don't know a lot about that add on. I use a free photo editor that works well enough for me.

Thanks mate for the clarification. Yes, I regularly use photo stills for my video footage. it's only $20 difference. Guess I'll get the Director Suite 4...to kill all birds with one stone. :)

If you are new to video editing, Sony Vegas is the easiest to learn to use and you can be editing your first project less than an hour.
My advice is simple. Most of the modern NLE programs offer free trials and low-cost entry-level options (under $100):

Sony Vegas ...
Sony has a consumer version of their NLE system for about $129 and a professional version for about $600 , which one are you referring to?

Sony has a consumer version of their NLE system for about $129 and a professional version for about $600 , which one are you referring to?
I am using Vegas 13 Pro, but they have a consumer package for less than $50: Movie Studio 13

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if Final Cut Pro X is:

1) compatible with El Capitan;
2) also Motion & Compressor, and
3) whether it also works with the plugin Colorado Finale?

Sorry for the shopping list but I have just "upgraded" to EC, have Adobe Premier (but it sometimes crashes on me) and I am seeking a relatively easy to learn and use alternative. Help would be much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl