video editing software

Reaction score
Just curious, what video editing software do you use? I've used Windows Movie Editor with varying results. I got two good videos I was able to view and edit and three or four that generated error messages like "Windows can't read the file". What format does the camera record in .wmv or .jpeg or mp4?

Thanks for your time.

Paul

1. Power Director
2. Adobe After Effects
3. Windows Movie Maker for simple short clips ( Free )
4. Go Pro Studio ( Free )

Lots of people are paying adobe cloud services, i think 90 bucks a month gets you the entire package, Lightroom, After effects and full Photoshop access.

I still use old PS CS4 for some editing, i downloaded wondershare MP4 editor, the license is a about 40 bucks. Its adequate for my needs, as i'm not ready to jump in to a monthly subscription to Adobe,.... but i think thats the best deal going.
However there is a lot of free utilities and hobbled shareware programs available.

If you have CS5 or above, there is a lens correction profile for the FC200 camera, free to d/l from adobe. Alternatively, you can use GIMP and probably a few others.

P2V video shoots H.264-compressed video, stored in an .MP4 container file. Pretty common stuff these days.

Windows Movie Maker (free) works fine for simple editing of P2V video. Is that what you meant by "Windows Movie Editor"? No problem on my machines, just have to wait a bit after opening a P2V file while Movie Maker converts it in the background to its preferred internal format for editing. If you're having problems, make sure you've updated it to the latest version.

Another possibility is that some of your P2V video clips are recorded in "interleaved" mode - eg, 1080i-60. I haven't tried this with Movie Maker, but interleaved video can cause lots of problems for various apps. For example, it's not supported at all on an iPhone or iPad. I would avoid the 1080i-60 setting on the Phantom.

RCRookie said:
Lots of people are paying adobe cloud services, i think 90 bucks a month gets you the entire package, Lightroom, After effects and full Photoshop access.

I still use old PS CS4 for some editing, i downloaded wondershare MP4 editor, the license is a about 40 bucks. Its adequate for my needs, as i'm not ready to jump in to a monthly subscription to Adobe,.... but i think thats the best deal going.
However there is a lot of free utilities and hobbled shareware programs available.

If you have CS5 or above, there is a lens correction profile for the FC200 camera, free to d/l from adobe. Alternatively, you can use GIMP and probably a few others.

You don't HAVE to use the new creative cloud subscription service. Adobe is still supporting CS6, which is what I use. A quick search shows that you can get After Effects CS6 for around 400 US dollars. I believe I paid almost 700 2 years ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik