Video Editing settings

Reaction score
I'm still fairly new to the P3P I bought last month but having a great time trying things out with the video editing on Final Cut Pro X. I bought the Polar Pro ND4/8/polariser lens pack and have been testing different color correction out in post but I've yet to find a sweet spot with the tweaks I make. I'm pretty happy so far with the results and admittedly the videos I've posted have taken me less than an hour to put together so you can't say I'm obsessing with them too much but I can't get the colours to 'pop' and look like other videos I've seen so far.

This one was shot in 3 different locations on the same day so it was hard to get the scenes matched. I only used the polariser this time. Should I just be using that for sunny water scenes maybe? I've done the usual exposure and saturation tweaks but woul welcome suggestions, particularly related to FCPX on how I could improve it. It was shot at 50fps

This one was shot at 24fps with the ND8 and looks a little moodier but still a bit flat in the color department.

Hello,
When I import to FCPX I am noticing heavy aliasing on the video, particularly on architectural structures. If I watch the file video on Quicktime the aliasing is considerably less, so I am guessing the problem is the editing software. Have you been noticing the same effect?

Hello,
When I import to FCPX I am noticing heavy aliasing on the video, particularly on architectural structures. If I watch the file video on Quicktime the aliasing is considerably less, so I am guessing the problem is the editing software. Have you been noticing the same effect?

I think I know what you mean and yes, I noticed it on one video I've posted in particular on some trees as I panned across them.

Have you tried the transcoding tool on the DJI website? I'm Rendering a comparison video now that I'll post in a bit. I think I like the output from it but I'm not sure why, lack of technical knowledge about what's changed in the video by running it through the transcoder! [emoji3]

This might sound dumb, but where in the DJI website can I find the transcoding tool? I am browsing for it but can't seem to find it. :(
UPDATE... Found it!:D

Last edited:
Yeah it's in with the firmware on the downloads section.

First attempt with it, undecided on the extra effort so far:

Same color balance and tweaks to both videos, I like the water more in the transcoder version but the greenery looks better in the original video I think.

Yeah it's in with the firmware on the downloads section.

First attempt with it, undecided on the extra effort so far:

Same color balance and tweaks to both videos, I like the water more in the transcoder version but the greenery looks better in the original video I think.
I ended up using GoPro Studio which I know is mainly meant for their compressed codec. I figured I know Cineform transcodes 10bit 4k very well and it works great with FCPX. Didn't want to waste the time working with a new tool from DJI (and I don't have much faith in their software teams from expereince).
Can you tell what codec they are using as I assume its not HEVC and is still h264 compliant?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1