Video editing - lens correction filter(s)

Reaction score
So I'm using Photoshop CC to edit videos. I'm doing a Lens Correction Filter to remove the lens distortion, which works great. The problem I have is that even though I'm using a computer with good resources, Photoshop takes a LONG TIME to render the video. About 2 hours to process about 10 minutes of footage.

Does anyone know of a better program to do this lens correction on? I know that there are better tools for editing the video, matching it up with music/sound, etc. I just want something to complete this portion of the task faster.

I'm using Mercalli Defishr. Its a standalone program (I'm on a PC). It has a profile for the FC200 lens. Runs $99. Very fast. I think there is a free demo.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
I'm using Mercalli Defishr. Its a standalone program (I'm on a PC). It has a profile for the FC200 lens. Runs $99. Very fast. I honk there is a free demo.

Geo

Do you happen to know who made the lens correction profile? I've been trying to use Photoshop because I know that DJI itself made the profile for it.

You can always try a program that does a gopro lens correction profile. Ive heard of pretty decent results. I never lens correct in video, only pics. I think the fisheye can add a lot to a video although I do try keep the horizon level quite a lot when taking pics or video

8676309 said:
So I'm using Photoshop CC to edit videos. I'm doing a Lens Correction Filter to remove the lens distortion, which works great. The problem I have is that even though I'm using a computer with good resources, Photoshop takes a LONG TIME to render the video. About 2 hours to process about 10 minutes of footage.

Does anyone know of a better program to do this lens correction on? I know that there are better tools for editing the video, matching it up with music/sound, etc. I just want something to complete this portion of the task faster.

I don't know about Photoshop CC but 'Premiere' is Adobe's Non-Linear Editor (NLE) of choice for Video. I use FCP X and a very helpful, London-based editor called Alex Gollner (http://www.alex4d.com/about-alex) has provided a useful and free plugin that fixes wide angle problems with minimal render times: http://www.alex4d.com/7-alex4d-wide-angle-fix-effect. There are fixed FOV settings and while the Phantom is not yet included among them, there is a grid you can overlay before using manual controls to tune the footage to where you think 'straight' should be. One word of caution is to turn the grid off before you render to an output file otherwise your final video will contain the grid image too.

Thanks, I use Premiere and FCP X but recently Premiere for the lens correction even though I prefer to work within FCP X/Motion/Compressor... The Alex 4D plugin is just what I needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj