Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video Editing Expert Question?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by gfredrone, May 29, 2015.

1. gfredrone

What is the best way to remove strobing/flickering in post production from what I think was caused by the Phantoms AWB (auto white balance) setting. I'm using Adobe Premiere CS6. Is there any effect or filter I can use to make it less noticeable?

The videos I shot yesterday at a preset K level and on cloudy and sunny are much better and don't have the flashing effect.

2. Adam Kontras

Without an example of what you're seeing it's impossible to tell you...

3. gfredrone

That's understandable. I'll try and find a quick 10 seconds which best represents what I'm seeing and post it here later. I think its from having too fast a shutter speed in 4K 30fps and the white balance set to Auto. Basically the video flickers a little like the brightness is being increased and decreased a little, very rapidly.

Also for the anti flicker setting in the camera what is best 50Hz, 60Hz, or Auto?

4. Adam Kontras

I start auto until I am in a situation that needs to be manual. Those are pretty rare though... you have such a limited time in the air and the auto functions are simply faster than you are.

5. taroh

If it's really a flicker, echo will be effective (but only for slow moving or still shot). video effect -> time -> echo (on Pr CC).

BTW AWB won't make flicker. Flicker means rapid (>few Hz) change of brightness, and generally white balance change balance between blue-yellow without changing the total intensity.