Video downlink cut out less than 2500' out

Reaction score
I was flying over one of the branches of the Ozarks yesterday almost half a mile out, over open water and without any obstruction between me and the drone (though it was too small to see at that distance) and I got a couple 'weak video signal' warnings and then video cut out. I used the map to turn it around and start heading back and the video came back after a few seconds but it seems strange that it would cut out like that considering the conditions I was flying in. Any ideas why that might have happened? Nothing else strange had been happening with the drone at all.

Antenna orientation ?
Where your video channel set to auto or custom? With custom there could have been some interference at the channel you selected.

I see big differences in range. Sometimes it is flying away from me like a champ, a mile and a half, two miles, etc. Other times it starts getting flakey at 1700'.

In some cases, it is due to cell phone or other signal interference (I suggest this because with no humans anywhere, I get better range), other times...not sure. 2500 feet would not supprise me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Antennas were oriented correctly, flat parts facing the drone and channel set to auto. Strange thing is I'm out in the middle of nowhere, don't have any service on my phone even. There is a Verizon tower somewhere in the area but I'm at least a couple miles from it. Good to know that it can be finicky sometimes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl