Video downlink (auto) channel selection not working?

Reaction score
P3P: I've been using the auto channel select on the GO app for my video downlink and it ALWAYS stays on channel 20.... but recently I've been getting a dropped link right as I take off.. then my video freezes for a moment while it resets... then I have to hit video record again after the link re-establishes. Once in the air the link seems solid.

I'm using a stock Controller w/HDMI port back added.

I have watched the video downlink page and I have never seen it on any channel except 20.... and i keep having these drop outs/lost connection. Oh, I might mention during this whole time I'm getting full bars on the strength meter.

I decided to go to manual channel selection, switched to another channel (13) and no problems on the last three flights.

Why does the auto stay on ch 20? Shouldn't it "hop" to another channel if you are getting interference?

Any ideas?

My experience is that it doesn't change to another channel during flights. It changes only before you take off. I have set it to 20 and never felt the need to change it as practically there is no noise at the fields I go for flying.

I believe it does change the channels during flight when it start to losing bars - there will be short but noticeble "pause" on the fpv view. It changes the channel and gets full bars again. On longer flights i've done, this might happen 3-5 times.

Well so far my manual channel selection has been much better.... I'm probably going to do the 32 channel hack at some point as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4