Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video doesn't link to iphone

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by bubbaganoosh, Oct 3, 2014.

1. bubbaganoosh

Hi all
    Newby here. Kindergarten level. I have flown twice. I recorded video on my intitial 5 minute flight however it only recorded to the SD card. Why doesn't it record to my iphone? What am I missing or doing incorrect?

2. nintendrone64

You have to import it to your phone from the album when the app is open.

3. bubbaganoosh

........does the bird and controller have to be powered up to have the initial video dl'ed to album? I have opened album in the app and it's blank

4. 4wd

4wd

It's a poor way to download anyway, much better to connect the camera to a computer later, or pop out the card and use a card reader so you don't have to start the phantom.
    It takes a very long time to send video clips over wifi and I imagine it is quite hard on the electronics to do it while stationary - heat issues?

5. nintendrone64

Yes, they need to be on. The chip needs to be in the camera unit to transfer it to your phone via the Wifi connection from the extender.

6. bubbaganoosh

Thanks all. Tried it yesterday an behold, I could watch the video on my iPhone. Just disappointed I couldn't save the video there to show friends.