Video Compressing

Reaction score
So im new to this and trying to see what everyone recommends on program to use for compressing videos off my phantom pro for putting on FB or Youtube. I have a windows 8 laptop and an old MacBook laptop.

So im new to this and trying to see what everyone recommends on program to use for compressing videos off my phantom pro for putting on FB or Youtube. I have a windows 8 laptop and an old MacBook laptop.
They'll compress it for you.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It was going to take like 60 minutes to load to youtube.... Isnt there a faster way to do it other then that..... I was reading where different programs will compress and then you load to that

It was going to take like 60 minutes to load to youtube.... Isnt there a faster way to do it other then that..... I was reading where different programs will compress and then you load to that
I'm using a macbook pro with Final cut pro x. You can get a separate program called Compressor. This has a lot of simple to use templates including a category for video sharing. In this you have 1 for 4k compression for sites like YouTube and Vimeo. I found it takes a 3.5gb file down to between 400 and 600mb (depending on what I have done to it) it also has presets for 1080p, 720p. Which for uploads to places like YouTube are more than enough.

It also comes with ProRes which looks amazing on Tv's, but the files are huge.

Hope this helps.

Reasonably new to the drone flying and aerial video game and although I've searched I can't seem to find an answer on the forum. I've recorded some footage but when I come to store it it takes up an enormous amount of space ( I have 2 x 32 Gb memory sticks and they are both almost full. Was wondering what was the best programme to use for compressing the footage. I've heard Handbrake is one to use but have heard bad things about it regarding virus's etc and wondered if there were any suitable for Apple/iPad use as these are supposedly less prone to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj