Video choppy while flying and on playback

Reaction score
I'm new to the drone world. I have a phantom 3 professional. I took her on the first flight today. The video on my iPad and when I played it back on my computer was choppy and slow. Not like the videos I've watched on YouTube. On the iPad during recording it was very pixelated. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help!

4k is hardware intensive. Your pc must be a high power capable to view it. Try recording in 2.7k or 1080P. Make sure you have correct pc codecs installed.
K-Lite Codec Pack 12.7.6 Free Download
The display device only can display 720p. Pixelation is normal.

It might be that you are viewing the video recorded on your device (the live feed). If that is the case you will find the files from your SD card in the AC will be much better quality.

It might be that you are viewing the video recorded on your device (the live feed). If that is the case you will find the files from your SD card in the AC will be much better quality.
The video on the SD card is also choppy when I put it in my computer.

4k is hardware intensive. Your pc must be a high power capable to view it. Try recording in 2.7k or 1080P. Make sure you have correct pc codecs installed.
K-Lite Codec Pack 12.7.6 Free Download
The display device only can display 720p. Pixelation is normal.
I didn't change any of the camera settings. Is it set to 4K out of the box? Also I have know idea what pc codecs are, I'm new to this world. Can you explain it in more detail?

Well, you need a more powerful computer or a different player, VLC tends to work well on most systems.

Also- most nice vids you see on line have been graded in post.
Why is it doing it on the ipad during the flight? And also when I view it on the dji go App?

I have experienced the same thing. It has been suggested to me that there may be some interference in the area. Don't know if you are in a congested area, but try to go somewhere not so populated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm new to the drone world. I have a phantom 3 professional. I took her on the first flight today. The video on my iPad and when I played it back on my computer was choppy and slow. Not like the videos I've watched on YouTube. On the iPad during recording it was very pixelated. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any help!
As noted, 4k video is tough to play on your computer unless you have a higher end system. We are asked about choppy 4k playback very often, so you're not alone.
Are you playing it directly from the SD card, or transferring it to your computers hard drive first? You may have better luck if you transfer it and play it from the hard drive using VLC as was also suggesting earlier. VLC is the most popular media player around the world.

As for your choppy FPV while flying with your iPad. What generation iPad are you using?
You can try these suggestions:
HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I have experienced the same thing. It has been suggested to me that there may be some interference in the area. Don't know if you are in a congested area, but try to go somewhere not so populated.

My problem was not with interference, but with my Samsung S7 Active. Took me sometime to concede that theory because I thought I had everything I needed in that phone. Went to Bestbuy and got a ipad pro. All problems disappeared.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31