Video camera or camcorder for inside the house

Reaction score
A professional real estate video would include interior footage as well as exterior. I was considering an Osmo+ for interior footage. It fits my budget, the gimbals make moving with it silky smooth, and I've read about lots of cool angles and things that I can do. But then I saw a YouTube video of actual footage and it really didn't handle low "inside" light very well.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good video camera or camcorder for under $2,000 US that would be good for shooting a professional-quality real estate walk-through video. If nothing is good enough in that price range, what's the most affordable one you would feel comfortable using to create good walk-throu videos?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have an osmo and it doesn't handle the low light really well or different lighting from room to room. Also I found it to be a bit narrow for my style and what my clients like. It does work for a lot of other things though. For $2000, you might look towards a dslr with wide lens and maybe run it on a glidecam. I ran that setup a few years back when I got started and have since moved to a ronin M. Glidecam will take lots of practice but all that will translate to a handheld gimbal. But with a DSLR setup you can at least also offer interior photos as well as video. The DSLR has come a ways with video now and might be more versatile than a dedicated camcorder unless you only plan to do video.

That's what I thought. Thanks. I haven't looked into the Ronin M before. Very interesting! Just have to come up with the cash to get that plus a good DSLR.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ronin M runs about 1400 new so that will eat up your budget. A glidecam HD2000 will run about $500, I have seen used for about 250-300. There are also other brands that are similiar style for less. If you looking for under 2k to start, I would say a mid level dslr should run you around 1000-1200 for body only (crop sensor), wide lens like the tokina 11-16 is about $500 now, and the glidecam at $500 would put you right about your budget. Minus memory cards. If you shop around you could probably find some of the gear used and save a few dollars that way. Then once you start getting a client list look to upgrade your equipment to a Ronin M, better camera, etc.

Good to know. Looking at Panasonic GH4 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What about the Osmo Mobile. Camera's these days may handle the lighting better than the normal Osmo. I just picked one up for use with my LGV20 but i am starting to worry if this was a good move or not - anyone try it yet?

What about the Osmo Mobile. Camera's these days may handle the lighting better than the normal Osmo. I just picked one up for use with my LGV20 but i am starting to worry if this was a good move or not - anyone try it yet?
Agreed, that is an option that deserves serious consideration. I just bought an Osmo Mobile for my iPhone 6s+ about 2 weeks ago. I ran through a trampoline park with it chasing my grandkids and it came out silky smooth, so I LOVE that about it! As far as for low light in real estate walk-throughs it will be as good as the camera. My iPhone is pretty good in low light, but I have yet to actually do a walk-through and edit it to see how the finished product looks. I suspect there will be some noise in it since it is just not a professional-grade sensor, but I don't want to say that until I try it out. It may turn out to be a great way to get professional quality results without paying $1,000's!

Reactions: Clear
Hi Keith. I am a realtor, photographer and drone pilot in Minneapolis. For interior pics I just got the new GoPro 5 ($400) and EVO Gimbal for it ($350). You can buy the extensions for the handle to get some nice high angle movement.

Hi Keith. I am a realtor, photographer and drone pilot in Minneapolis. For interior pics I just got the new GoPro 5 ($400) and EVO Gimbal for it ($350). You can buy the extensions for the handle to get some nice high angle movement.

Have you used a GoPro before? Hows the image quality? Im consdering getting a Hero 4 Black to use with the Osmo Mobile via adapter.

Go Pro video is good. There is an app that removes the distortion from the outside edges if you shoot in the widest mode. The Hero 5 is waterproof right out of the box. Might be a better choice than the Hero 4. Good deals going into Christmas!

I think there's new firmware that has a shooting mode without the fisheye look on both the 4 and 5. I like the 5's LCD screen and out of the box water resistance. The 4 Black is $299 right now and features aside I think its pretty much the same quality output. I just don't know if its worth paying for a gimbal and gopro or just getting a stabilizer for my DSLR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31