Video Caching

Reaction score
Guys,

I was having the issues of slight lag on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 when flying. Then on my last day flying, on my second flight it mentioned video cache was full, so wouldn't cache anymore. Then I had lag free video for the remaining 5 flights.
So what exactly is the video caching for?? My system works better without

Cheers

It saves the video down streamed to your display device. It's recording everything you're viewing so it's recording even when the P3 itself is not recording.

It saves the video down streamed to your display device. It's recording everything you're viewing so it's recording even when the P3 itself is not recording.
"Even when the P3 it's self is not recording". Really?

I experimented with this today actually. I turned the cache off using my iPhone 6 plus and I found a huge noticeable difference with the live stream. I see no point it having it turned on.

I just got the same Message on my display: "Video Cache Full..." or something like that. Anyway, I could turn it off and see how it works, but is there a way to clear the cache once you get this message? Would you have to stop the app to clear the cache.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

I just got the same Message on my display: "Video Cache Full..." or something like that. Anyway, I could turn it off and see how it works, but is there a way to clear the cache once you get this message? Would you have to stop the app to clear the cache.

Thanks,

Kevin H.
It can be cleared in the app.

Reactions: Kevin H.
I experimented with this today actually. I turned the cache off using my iPhone 6 plus and I found a huge noticeable difference with the live stream. I see no point it having it turned on.

The point would be to have video proof of an incident where your Phantom was unrecoverable and you needed to argue against DJI for replacement.

Where are the cached videos stored? I searched high and low on my iPhone 6+ and can't find them. I have the cache set to "Recording" and haven't cleared the cache. I searched the user manual for the word "Cache" and got no hits.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj