Video breaks up after short range

Reaction score
So I finally got the stones to venture out a bit with my P3P. Got to 700 feet only and the screen on my iPad 2 mini went black for a second or two then came back...Did it a few times so I came back. A few weeks back I did the channel hack but never used it..I keep it on auto.

For giggles I put in in custom and used channel 32. Got to 900 feet and chickened out but no video loss.

Questions from the newbie:

I'm in a rural area tons of houses and trees. Could that have caused the loss of video? I assume when I went to channel 32 it was a cleaner channel so I got better "reception"?

I was a bit nervous to use 32 because I didn't see any green lines or anything on that channel? Does one need to see a green line on a channel to use it? Does the green line mean you have a signal? Or, does no line, green or red mean that channel is clean as can be.

I'm ready to venture out a bit more but I have to say when that screen went black for that short period it made me pretty nervous. I'd love to do some reading on the subject so any links would be great.

I will say it was pretty cool to even go that far. Firmware on both bird and RC are the most current.

Thanks all

Joe

the video will do that, its not that abnormal. Keep it in auto mode, but I assume when it switches channels you might get some quick distortion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers