Video artifact in dji go

Reaction score
See below... It this artifact (grey waves) when I save my clip in dji go (select on the timeline then'save'). The artifact is clearly being added by the app... Anyone else see this?
uploadfromtaptalk1453865348898.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

why don't you remove the sd card and load it into your computer?
I know the video recorded on my Nexus 7 is pretty poor when compared to the video recorded on the sd card.

thanks, I could. In this case I was looking to edit the proxy video on the phone and just share it that way. And, when the app introduced an artifact like the above, it was very odd to me .. and I think a problem in their codec / encoding (or maybe playback??). So, wasn't just the reduction of resolution vs. what's on the SD card, which I would be ok with for my need, but the issue was the introduction of the video artifact..

Was just curious if anyone else had seen it, or perhaps it was just me and perhaps that one video or my version of the app, etc.

Thx for the reply.

My recording from the Nexus has artifacts too because of the video feed.
The recorded video straight from the card is direct from the camera so is much better.
I have compared the two and if the video recorded on my Nexus was the best the quad could do it would be pretty bad.
Having said that, the video feed to the android is just fine for seeing where you are going.

yeah. and my video on my phone was fine - it had transmitted from the phantom and received by the remote with no issues. it was only when I edited the video in the DJI GO app to select a small clip that the artifact was introduced.

You sure the artefact weren't in the "video cache" version of the video clip which essentially records the live-view screen and stores a local copy for quick reference.

Because while I was flying I noticed artefacts in my live view which I assume was image signal/transmission errors, and obviously these also appeared in the "video cache" version in "library", but not in the original video file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes .. library version has no artifact. however when I try to use the editor to select a short clip then save it, the artifact is introduced when I save it (e.g. when the clip is being extracted and saved). I suspect an issue with their encoder / transcoder / editor in handling of the video frame, but can't tell for sure.

Oh I hear you. I think it's in their codec personally, which doesn't like the videos being cropped.

I say this because my observation just now was that I exported a video to my camera roll just fine, no artefacts. When I went to trim a section of the exported video in my iPhone photos app on my device then an artefact was introduced.

Oh I hear you. I think it's in their codec personally, which doesn't like the videos being cropped.

I say this because my observation just now was that I exported a video to my camera roll just fine, no artefacts. When I went to trim a section of the exported video in my iPhone photos app on my device then an artefact was introduced.

Exactly.. Trimming introduces it.. And mine was in the dji app the whole time (Android). I should report it to them..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4