Video and FPV for Phantom 2

Ravecreative said:
OK, checked out the postage situation and it should be fine.

Seeing as they take about 5 hours to print each one!!!! I recon £20 including shipping if you want one
how does that sound?
if so, please PM me if you want one.

Good price, as soon as I get mine I'll order one from you. Still have not decided on which monitor

Thanks

TBH, you'd do well to go with something like the lilliput 664w - its pretty darn good for the money

the one in my pic is a cheapo one from china - its got a built in rx and lipo battery and was only £65 :)
but it does go blue out of range

still, i can live with that at the moment

Ravecreative said:
I could print you one - need to check how much shipping to the US is though

what colour do you want?
black or white?

How stable is the monitor while mounted and do I need any additional hardware to mount it properly? Also, how should we pay (e.g., Paypal)?

Thanks!

No problem, i can only print max 2 a day, as they take a long time to print

If anyone wants one, PM me and i'll send a paypal request

@xpower180 - £20, funnily enough, the shipping is no cheaper to uk than USA - Mad!
unless you're local, then you could pick one up - where are you based?

monitor is pretty stable, no wobbles, but i've added a second hole on the back for an additional fixing just in case anyone wants it to be rock solid (it probably doesn't need it - but hey-ho, just in case)
i just used a standard monitor screw to hold it on the base - i don't have any, but i could get hold of some - i assume they are all a standard size

Ravecreative said:

@xpower180 - £20, funnily enough, the shipping is no cheaper to uk than USA - Mad!

PM sent. Thanks.

via iPad air

xpower180 said:
@ravecreative

for some reason my PM's are stuck in my outbox and won't send...

The same is happening with me as well. Could you confirm that you've received our requests for PayPal?

Thanks!

Ravecreative said:
TBH, you'd do well to go with something like the lilliput 664w - its pretty darn good for the money

the one in my pic is a cheapo one from china - its got a built in rx and lipo battery and was only £65 :)
but it does go blue out of range

still, i can live with that at the moment
It's a little off topic, but I returned my gimbal that was having seizures along with the P2 because it was impossible to tell which device was at fault. In retrospect, I probably could have just returned the gimbal, because evidently it has its own "smarts" and doesn't share data with the P2. Is that you're impression?

Also, when you power on your P2, does the gimbal "snap to attention" consistently at power up and track correctly? Does it ever just "stay limp" at powerup?

Finally, I see that there is a new firmware update for the gimbal. It looks like it is designed to improve the tilt speed issue as DJI says something about "improving the user experience". I'm hoping that it wasn't a fix for my gimbal issue and that I sent the bird back for nothing....because I'm going through quad withdrawal. ;)

Do NOT power on the zenmuse without a gopro attached. You will damage the gimble. It does not "snap" to attention but does have a small test sequence it steps through. If that fails it will power down and at some point later it will power up and repeat the process. the gopro needs to be attached to balance out the gimble and pass the power on test.The gimble itself has some smarts in it if you leave it detached from the P2 but hook the wire up and tilt it. It will keep the gopro level.

Just updated the gimbal software

OMG - how stupid

It's gone from a bit too fast reaction - to stupidly fast - and still the speed adjustment in the assistant software doesn't do anything!

what it needs is an adjustable ramp - so it can slowly start and slowly stop

Xokia said:
Do NOT power on the zenmuse without a gopro attached. You will damage the gimble. It does not "snap" to attention but does have a small test sequence it steps through. If that fails it will power down and at some point later it will power up and repeat the process. the gopro needs to be attached to balance out the gimble and pass the power on test.The gimble itself has some smarts in it if you leave it detached from the P2 but hook the wire up and tilt it. It will keep the gopro level.
Understood. The gimbal was never powered up without the GoPro attached. And "snap" might not have been the right word, but the gimbal would level itself on powerup if it wasn't already level and then do a tilt-down and tilt-up routine before going operational.

The problem with this gimbal was that it wouldn't power up every time but would just hang there as if it was off. Sometimes it would only powerup after the Assistant software was run. Also, it would sometimes spontaneously roll back and forth at high speed smacking the GoPro into the table that the P2 was sitting on. Very bad.

I returned both the gimbal and the P2 for exchange. Have you ever seen this behavior?

Ravecreative said:
Just updated the gimbal software

OMG - how stupid

It's gone from a bit too fast reaction - to stupidly fast - and still the speed adjustment in the assistant software doesn't do anything!

what it needs is an adjustable ramp - so it can slowly start and slowly stop
You've probably already seen this, but there was a new Release Notes document dated 1-9-2014 stating a very specific procedure to properly "calibrate" the new gimbal firmware. Check that out if you already haven't. Maybe that will help. :?

Ravecreative said:

monitor is pretty stable, no wobbles, but i've added a second hole on the back for an additional fixing just in case anyone wants it to be rock solid (it probably doesn't need it - but hey-ho, just in case)
i just used a standard monitor screw to hold it on the base - i don't have any, but i could get hold of some - i assume they are all a standard size

Was gonna model my own monitor mount but I love yours! Would you be willing to share the design and send me a .STL or Makerbot file? I'll simply print one out here then :)

Also, I have a Lilliput 664W and I'm not that impressed - especially for the price. Would like to hear your thoughts on how the two compare in your opinion. I was actually thinking of switching to the cheaper one you are using. Thanks and cheers.

Maybz said:
Ravecreative said:

Was gonna model my own monitor mount but I love yours! Would you be willing to share the design and send me a .STL or Makerbot file? I'll simply print one out here then :)

Also, I have a Lilliput 664W and I'm not that impressed - especially for the price. Would like to hear your thoughts on how the two compare in your opinion. I was actually thinking of switching to the cheaper one you are using. Thanks and cheers.
I certainly would like to hear your opinion on the Lilliput! :D

I just purchased a Fatshark Attitude v2 and DJI mini OSD for my P2 w/ Zenmuse. The Fatshark comes with a small circuit that goes between the battery and the TX to 'clean' the power. Is this needed on the p2? Using it requires an extra plug which I dont have (have no idea where to get). I was wondering if I could bypass this in the case that the power is already 'clean'.

Addtionally, is there any specific orientation for the placement of the TX Antenna. Im using IBcrazy Bluebeams. I was planning to just have it pointed down under the copter mounted right behind the Gimbal with Velcro or Double Sided tape. Any input/advice is appreciated!

Ravecreative - quick Question: In looking at your mount, what makes the mount from swinging off? Since it doesn't seem to have bolt to hold it to the TX It would seem that if you tilted the TX down it would just swing on the clip to the bar. Is how it connects around the antenna what keeps it stable?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1