Vibration when travelling forward

Reaction score
Ok, I am having some shaky video issues... not sure if it's Jello or camera vibration shake.
I have read loads of posts in this forum regarding this issue but a lot of it is not relevant because I know the gimbal is ok as there is no vibration in the video when hovering.

It's only when my P3A goes forward to i get the vibration. Its a standard P3A using stock props, no changes to the gain settings or anything like that.

I recently bought a new set of props from DJI in order to fix the issue but the problem persists with the brand new props. Admittedly i have not balanced the new props as I don't have a balancer.
I have re calibrated the gimbal, IMU etc etc.

So, what are the key causes of shaky video when travelling in a forward direction but completely smooth when hovering?

Many thanks.

P.S Great forum by the way.

Post something we can look at. Everyone's interpretation of "shaky video" is different, and can be caused by several factors which will likely be pretty apparent in a clip.

Thanks guys... here is the link :

Firmware : I forget the number and I don't my phantom with me at the moment to check, but it was the one just before the cold weather firmware update.
So not the latest, but the one previous to that.

Thanks Happydays. I will try updating to 1.6 then. I was holding off going to 1.6 as some people were moaning about it reducing power. But i guess that's a good thing if it stops the voltage going too low.

Thanks Happydays. I will try updating to 1.6 then. I was holding off going to 1.6 as some people were moaning about it reducing power. But i guess that's a good thing if it stops the voltage going too low.

I've tested 1.6. There is no reduction in power at normal temperatures and with a full battery. As the battery depletes, the ascent rate slows from 5 m/s to 2.5-3 m/s to avoid it dropping into the danger zone and having the battery cut out.In my opinion, that's not an issue. If I want to fly up high, I'm going to do it on a fresh battery, not on one that is getting close to empty.

Try it yourself. Turn on the battery voltage screen and give it full throttle tests and look at the vertical speed indicator. You will find it really easy to get into the orange zone and easy to go red when the battery gets drained a bit. It will also help your understanding of how to treat the phantom so that you can take care of the battery while flying.

A lot of folks were getting upset about 1.6 inflicting No Fly Zones on them, but there aren't any where I fly so that's no issue for me.

Having done some research I think i would prefer to roll back to v.1.4 rather than go up to v1.6

What do you chaps think about that idea? Advisable?

Also - does anyone have a link for 1.4? DJI are only offering v.1.5 and 1.6 on their download site.

Cross posts there.
I would go to 1.6 except for I have read then it would then be impossible to roll back to 1.4 from 1.6. So it's a bit of a one way upgrade.
No fly zones is not an issue for me either. Well saying that I live 10 miles away from a major UK airport but am nowhere near its flightpath and currently my location is not a NFZ in the DJI Go app. Is there a way of checking where the NFZs in 1.6 are (for the UK).

Thanks for your answers so far. Truly very helpful.. :)

By the way, i did notice my voltage drop into the orange on the flight i posted today - full battery as well.

So, I took the plunge and updated to 1.6.
It seems to have fixed the shakes! :)

Boo to v1.5. From what I have read people have lost their phantoms on 1.5 due to battery issues so I am glad the gimble shake eventually led to a firmware upgrade or else worse could have happened as I live in a cold area..

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav