Vibrating gimbal/camera causing jello

Zzz

Reaction score
My camera (gimbal) is constantly vibrating, which is causing a bad jello effect at higher shutter speeds. Vibration is constant and not extremely pronounced, but you can easily feel it passing through the entire shell and even more so by placing a finger on the gimbal. I remember there have been some posts about problems similar to mine before but cant find them now... I searched for vibration/vibrating etc, but only a few threads pop up, most seem unrelated.

Is there a solution to this that does not require me to mail the drone in for repair??

Thanks!

My camera (gimbal) is constantly vibrating, which is causing a bad jello effect at higher shutter speeds. Vibration is constant and not extremely pronounced, but you can easily feel it passing through the entire shell and even more so by placing a finger on the gimbal. I remember there have been some posts about problems similar to mine before but cant find them now... I searched for vibration/vibrating etc, but only a few threads pop up, most seem unrelated.

Is there a solution to this that does not require me to mail the drone in for repair??

Thanks!
Buddy of mine had same exact issue in Salt Lake City. Def send it back!

Yeah, I just hate losing the drone for another month, plus with DJI you never know what else is gonna be wrong with the new one... DJI quality control seems to be so extremely horrible :/

Yeah, I just hate losing the drone for another month, plus with DJI you never know what else is gonna be wrong with the new one... DJI quality control seems to be so extremely horrible :/
It does suck but just be patient and they'll get it worked out for you. I had good luck with DJI last year on a repair. My buddy just got his confirm that they got his drone in and will start on his repair.

Reactions: Zzz
Is it just the camera/gimbal vibrating or the entire craft?
Assuming it isn't the gimbal itself, make sure drop pins are loose, good props and motors.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

There were many discussions about the jello in P4Ps, just check for them, but the right solution is the replacement of the drone unless you wish to repair it yourself (try to find what's going on with the rubber absorbers of the gimbal).

Last edited:
Is it just the camera/gimbal vibrating or the entire craft?
Assuming it isn't the gimbal itself, make sure drop pins are loose, good props and motors.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Got nothing to do with the motors and props though, only the craft is powered on - the motors are not. I actually get jello if I record video with shutter 1/400 while the drone is placed still on a table :) The gimbal does in fact seem to be the source of vibration, just going by the feel of it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan