Vibrating during flight

Reaction score
I noticed while out flying today while I was hovering the aircraft in front of me the whole aircraft was shaking pretty hard, like a heavy vibration. After a while it would slow down and come back periodically. Whole aircraft is new with only just a few flights and never a collision. Props in perfect condition. What could cause this? IMU? Bad motor? Or will a out of balance prop cause that much vibration? Again, it comes and goes usually within 20 seconds.

I would guess that one of your props have gone out of balance. Its usually the cause. Try some other propellers. I have heard that lots of vibrations can be quite bad for a phantom.

I would guess that one of your props have gone out of balance. Its usually the cause. Try some other propellers. I have heard that lots of vibrations can be quite bad for a phantom.
An out of balance prop would be on and off shaking/vibration?

Last edited:
What was the weather? Temperature and visible moisture (as in fog or vapor)?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

An out of balance prop would be on and off shaking/vibration?
I guess so. I cant think of anything else that can possibly cause vibrating issues. Again, try to replace your propellors with the spare ones. Just give it a try. If it continues to do that then we can look into other things that may be causing this.

Props are mixed up. Don't have a spare. I'll buy a balance and see if balancing them fixes the issue.

What was the weather? Temperature and visible moisture (as in fog or vapor)?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Weather was perfect , sunny with few clouds. About 60 to 62 degrees. Wind less than 3mph

Check your firmware.
There is known vibration issues with P3P on firmware 1.5. You can go up or down 1 firmware and that may help.
Another option would be to drop your vertical gains to 90 (Expo and Gain Settings)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers