Very Weird Problem

Reaction score
Hi
I Know I have cross posted this topic, but I just getting crazy here.

As you maybe have seen in another thread I haven't been so lucky with my PV2. I have had it for 3 month now but have only being able to fly for around 10 days because of problems.

After the first 10 days without any problems, suddenly I couldn't connect my phone to the Phantom! It was just telling me that the Phantom was out of range. I tried everything and found out that there was no light in the camera. There should be a green light but I only got a red light for about 2 secs. and then nothing. At least it seem like I had found the problem. Heli-pal agreed to replace the camera which took around 3-4 weeks before I got it back. When I got it back with the new camera, and green light in the camera, still same problem, couldn't connect, out of range a gain!!!!
The most weird thing is, when I reset the WIFI Extender for binding it with the camera, my phone connect immediately and I have full bars on the signal strength. Then I rebind and everything are going fine until 10 seconds after the rebind then my phone lose the connection again - out of range. I have tried that many time now.
Ok so now I have a new camera with green light, then it can only be the WiFi Extender! Yeah they have even send me a new replacement phantom, still the same! Now Heli-Pal have send me a new WiFi Extender, still exactly the same problem.
What's going on here????
Of course you would think it must be the mobile phone, that is the only thing left. Yes I agree, but how come I can connect when I reset the Wi-Fi extender but it only last until I bind it to the camera??? Any ideas???
I have even tried it on a tablet, exactly the same problem.

For info, my Phone is a Samsung S3
And my Pad is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.5

Any help are much appreciated.
As it is now, I have for more than $2000 just sitting here, I haven't even been trying to fly the new Phantom they have send me.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it then reboot your phone/tablet ??

Are you running latest firmware ?

Have you plugged in the phantom to the assistant to see what might be going on ?

Just ideas to throw around.

pyrophantom said:
Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it then reboot your phone/tablet ??

Are you running latest firmware ?

Have you plugged in the phantom to the assistant to see what might be going on ?

Just ideas to throw around.

Yes I have tried all that :(
Yes latest Firmware.
And it have nothing to do with the App! You should be able to connect just with the normal WiFi without even open the App. And that's it the weird thing, if I reset the WiFi Extender my phone connect perfect and I can go to the App and Rebind which also works perfectly and the 5 sec after it lose the connection and saying it is out of range???? Very Weird.
But thanks for your suggestions.

Mines fine with my galaxy S3 but I did have to reinstall the DJI App again after losing camera functions mid flight, but thought you would have got some data from plugging the phantom into the assistant to see what the communication is between the seperate parts of the system ?

Just guessing, but somewhere on here is usually a solution m8

:?

Encantador said:
I had problems with my Galaxy S3.
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8199

I borrowed a iphone and connected that. I then tried the S3 again and it worked, has worked every time since. No idea why using the iphone made a difference but it did.

Thanks for you answer, but your problem was different. Yours was still connected after the binding, so it was not a WIFi Problem. I can get connected fine when I reset The Extender but lose the connection when I bind it to the Camera.

I have no solution I am afraid Klaus but you have my commiserations. I reckon you have the worst Phantom Vision that has been made. I admire your patience, I would have drop kicked that quad as far as I could by now.

I really do hope you get it fixed and finally can get some payback from it.

Hi Klaus,

I'm sorry that you're having so many problems...

You've gone to great efforts to replace the phantom, replace the camera, replace the wifi repeater...

It really just HAS to be something to do with your phone.

Do you think you could borrow a friend's phone and load the vision app onto it, and give it a try? See if you have the same issues.

-Jeff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues