Very tight fit battery

Reaction score
I was out flying last night when I tried to remove my battery. I couldn't.

I've always found the batteries to be a tight squeeze into the tray - either stock or some Tunigy 2200's. The batteries seem too fat to slide in and out easily.

Is there anything I can do to help out with this issue?

I can't be the only one out there who has this issue. The power wires are also a pain in the bum but a bit of wiggling usually sorts that out.

I don't mind soldering and I dont mind hacking the inside up with a dremel if people think it works.

Cut holes to get the cables aaround the battery door. Check that your batteries haven't puffed up by putting them on a flat surface and trying to rock them side to side. Do this on all sides

I think if I cut holes around the door it should allow the connectors to go in down the sides a bit easier which in turn will make removing them better.

The batteries haven't puffed noticably. They've always been tight due to them being fatter than the stock battery but last night was taking the pee by having to drive for half an hour with it in my boot with props off just incase it decided to try and go "home".

chrisc said:
I think if I cut holes around the door it should allow the connectors to go in down the sides a bit easier which in turn will make removing them better.

The batteries haven't puffed noticably. They've always been tight due to them being fatter than the stock battery but last night was taking the pee by having to drive for half an hour with it in my boot with props off just incase it decided to try and go "home".

So, what I think you are saying is you were peeing in your boots because your battery was stuck? I hope you got a baggie in there!

NO the boot is someting you dont have on american cars. It's a rear storage area the you guys have replaced with the bottom of a tree:)

chrisc said:
I was out flying last night when I tried to remove my battery. I couldn't.

I've always found the batteries to be a tight squeeze into the tray - either stock or some Tunigy 2200's. The batteries seem too fat to slide in and out easily.

Is there anything I can do to help out with this issue?

I can't be the only one out there who has this issue. The power wires are also a pain in the bum but a bit of wiggling usually sorts that out.

I don't mind soldering and I dont mind hacking the inside up with a dremel if people think it works.

an easy fix would trimming the opening of the battery tray with a hobby blade by 2mm on each side .. this's what i did when i was using the single MadDog 2700 configuration .

Attachments

• AADJI-PHA-PBDoorKit-3.JPG
    AADJI-PHA-PBDoorKit-3.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 470
I've found some batteries (like my Turnigy's) puff a little after heating up, making it rather difficult to remove, but eventually they come out.
but yes,. you could carefully cut/dremel the opening to make things a bit easier.

Ozzyguy said:
NO the boot is someting you dont have on american cars. It's a rear storage area the you guys have replaced with the bottom of a tree:)

Oh, I see.. Now I got it...Just saw my first Tessla and I guess they have two boots. I was suprised to see luggage in both TRUNKS. and are you sure Ford named that storage area after tree's? I thought they were named after elephants.

This thread has me wondering if we are all putting the batteries into the quad in the same manner. I put mine in *** first with the wires on the bottom, I then push the wires into that open area above the battery so that I can close the cover. Is that how we all do it? I guess there are 4 different ways to insert the battery.

Ozzyguy said:
I used to do it the same way as you Wedeliver.

I guess what I was doing was trying to find out what others are doing. What is your method, if using one stock battery, to put it inside the quad? Thanks for your help. I would like a more secure door also, the stock door just does not seem to close firmly enough for me. Finally as a battery question, if a person was to mount 2 batteries to the outside of the quad, what could you then put inside since all that space would be there. I have seen what I think are instructions on how to put 2 stock batteries inside which seems to my feeble mind to probably be the best method to extend fight time on a Phantom 1 or FC40.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20