Very Strange Mode Switching Problem

Reaction score
Folks,

I originally posted this in the Litchi forum but now I am not so sure it is really a Litchi issue although it is manifesting itself on a Litchi waypoint mission. So as not to repeat everything I will include a link to that topic over there and would like to ask you guys to have a look at it to see if you can help me understand what's going on. I will include an exec summary here first:

I am flying waypoint mission to test out some POI heading issues. Yesterday I had a strange thing happen where I saw, part way into the mission, the status changed from F-WP to P-Atti and then back to F-WP (or F-GPS) and hovered in place. I was able to bring it back. I ran the mission this morning and it ran OK. Then I changed the mission to straight lines and reran it. THREE TIMES in almost the exact same spot, it switched into P-Atti mode and then F-GPS and hovered. I never lost signal. Two times seemed to be pretty must the same spot in space and the third was maybe 20 feet further on the path.

If you go over to the other topic I include links to healthy drones, a youtube video of my screen recording for two of those three runs as well as a collage of the three sections of the litchi csv showing the lat/lon of where it switched to P-Atti.

Under what conditions would this thing just switch to P-Atti mode??

Note that I have run this mission in the past and this never happened. Yesterday was the first time I ran it after adding DBS Itelite. But I can't imagine that it would be causing this to happen at the exact same spot 3 times in a row.

Here is the other thread,. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Very Disconcerting During Litchi Waypoint Mission

It switches to ATTI mode during flights if it doesn't see GPS at any flying location.

Please investigate whats so special about those points. These auto switching modes are changed by the aircraft and then conveyed to RC. If you notice that even in ATTI mode you don't need any manual intervention, then its some other problem.

I don't think its Litchi problem.

It switches to ATTI mode during flights if it doesn't see GPS at any flying location.

Please investigate whats so special about those points.
Thanks for the info. Both my screen recording and the Litchi csv flight log show 11 satellites throughout. No loss of satellites.

Reactions: alokbhargava
If you are still seeing 11 satellites, then its a strange issue. Either the satellites count is incorrect or the message that shows ATTI is wrong. Do you see it out of control when it switches to ATTI mode?

IMG_5148.PNG
If you are still seeing 11 satellites, then its a strange issue. Either the satellites count is incorrect or the message that shows ATTI is wrong. Do you see it out of control when it switches to ATTI mode?
The other thread explains more. I didn't want to repeat everything here. It doesn't switch to Atti and stay there. It's running a waypoint mission. Then it switches to Atti then to F-GPS and the mission is ended and it hovers.

Unless it's something with this house. But I'm 300 ft above it.

oh I got it now as it is a temporary switch to ATTI and mission thus continues.

As said above there is definitely an external strong signal coming out at that point which corrupts the communication. There cant be any ground metal effect at such a height.

As said above there is definitely an external strong signal coming out at that point which corrupts the communication. There cant be any ground metal effect at such a height.
Mission does not continue. It goes from F-WP to P-Atti to F-GPS and hovers. I get a "mission ended" callout. Screen recording shows this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I also want to mention that I get no signal errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers