Very Scary Flight

Reaction score
Had this happened to me, I guarantee I would have had to remove my pants and jump in the water to rinse off after it was all over with.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qI0QcbPBw[/youtube]

scary stuff.
Without knowing more details hard to say problem but my guess GPS has got confused to location and trying to take it elsewhere as its going at full tilt.

I would have switched it to ATTI and brought it home asap.

I wonder if the guy has looked at his GPS connector and put a bit of padding there to ensure a really firm contact ?

That was a crazy flight but what bothered me more was that big fuel/oil slick that was near one of the docks.

I bet anyone watching on the ground was very impressed with his incredible drone acrobatic flying skill. "Man! He can make that thing DANCE!!" LOL

Wow man.. that was lucky. My thoughts were faulty sensor / ESC / motor.. wouldn't be flying that again without a complete inspection.

I had to send mine back, it was doing flips and falling out of the sky.

I wonder if the compass was bad

:eek:
Yes, I'd be freaking out, too.
WAG would be GPS related. Maybe the plug theory or cracked module?
Part of the video where the bird kept spinning and stopping gave me the impression something came loose from the bird.

Meta4 said:
general01 said:
I wonder if the compass was bad
The compass only affects 2-D flight.
A faulty compass might make it hard to fly straight but doesn't cause this kind of behaviour.

Ahh I see

I just watched the video fully needless to say it would have me on edge from the time it went apeshit crazy

I also forgot meta keep in mind the compass is also a three axis setup so it is possible that it could affect flight not that it would do like in the video though that seems more like a esc or motor issue

You are lucky to be alive. Seriously. I wouldn't fly near water or without GPS tracker onboard for at least a dozen flights. Seriously sick bird. My guess is IMU not ESCs or motors. Not GPS.

kelly

I suspect it was all due to the GPS Plug Connection on the main board, or he has to run his controller with the assistant and then through the quad assistant. That's my guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd