Very poor video quality please help

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting anything here. I bought this p3 professional off of someone on Kijiji and today I got to fly it for the first time. hopefully someone can tell me if these lines in the footage are from just simply settings or if there is something wrong with the camera, Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450672320.020008.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450672305.569873.jpg

It's probably faulty, but in the app there's an option to reset the camera which has helped in some cases with odd effects like this.

The first shot is encouraging because the zebra stripes are to indicate over-exposed areas and don't show on recorded video.
You can turn this off but it can be useful in conjunction with the histogram.
That frame looks otherwise normal
The others show something unusual which may be a fault.
They both seem taken during flight, do you not see it with motors turned off?

Presumably you are seeing this in the recorded video not just on the device?
I guess so since the last one looks like a photo of a screen.

It shows up on the device and on the recorded video. Here's the footage
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Might be worth checking the camera cable connection.

I noticed just before I started work this morning that the wires looked a little suspect. Just haven't had time
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450706962.026743.jpg

Video show some kind of loose connection either on P3 (most likely ) or on RC.

Thank you very much for your quick responses. Any idea who would be most likely to have such harness in stock in Toronto ?? I just drove to (drones Toronto) but as it turns out its run out of a house and no one answered the door.

I had almost the exact same problem. After many of hours of digging into it I found the flat camera/gimbal cable and the shortest wire harness between gimbal and VPS both had went bad. I never crashed or landed hard, or anything else and these proved to be no good.

Should you replace any of these type parts, do not cut cost. Make sure and replace with the oem parts. And be very careful as there is fakes all over ebay that even the packaging looks like DJI parts.

Btw, use something small and while you have the aircraft recording video use your little device and lightly press around on camera cable and wire harnesses. Then watch video back and see if there is any fluctuations that appear on playback.

Unfortunately because of the Christmas holidays I still haven't gotten my p3 back yet. Tomorrow I finally get it back from Danny the repair guy. The repairs were covered buy the seller. Replaced short wire between gimbal and vps and long wire between gimbal and drone. (As flynfrank mentioned. Thank you all for the feedback, hopefully she's good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers