Very poor video quality on P3S

Reaction score
I've had my P3S for two days. Flew it last night with little issue until it hit a small branch and the unit crashed. One "arm" of the gimbal mount broke but I was able to stabilize it with duct tape of all things until I get a new mount. Up to this point the video was ok but not great... I was attributing it to low light. But today the video seems even worse in the daylight. The camera did not seem damaged at all in the crash because the video I took post crash seemed almost better than pre crash. Thoughts? Suggestions??

Where are you watching the video in the app?

Download from the SD card with USB cable to a computer, or pull the SD card out and put it in a SD reader in a computer.
Images are poor at low light.

Your FCR is pretty low, this can get very expensive. (Flight Crash Ratio).
:)

You might post a picture of the duct taped part, its possible the motor on the gimbal it causing blurry images and could be overheating.

No, I downloaded the video from the SD card as you said. We did some test shots with different settings and still I'm getting video that is worse than my iPhone. Has every video I'm seeing online had some major post production done? I'm assuming with 2+K video it should be pretty good right out of the gate?
I'm going to call DJI today and see what their answer is. I just can't believe I've spent this kind of money for such poor quality. I think I had a lemon to begin with and now the small crash has exacerbated the issue:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is raw footage from the phantom 3 standard. The quality and file size have been reduced but no fancy post production. If you watch this in HD it isn't bad but the original is much better than this.

Any chance of a sample of your video. Also have you tried re-setting the camera? it worked for me once.

Good luck.

Reactions: Suzanne
I am curious what are you viewing the videos on. I have only 1 computer that is fast enough to play the vids. YouTube and Vimeo compress the videos, I compressed the vids in advance just to post them to Vimeo for size limits on a free account. They compress them even more. How are the still picts?

The vids I have uploaded were with a P2V+, I have not uploaded anything with P3S. They look fine when I play them back, I record them MP4 at at the lowest rez so my IPAD 2 can play them.

Mine and martybabe both look like crap on my work computer. Good on the IPAD 2.

Use this link, and play the Sherars Bridge instead of embedded above.

Rod Pad’s Videos on Vimeo

There again on yours, how does the stills look?

Hello all and thank you so much for your suggestions!!! I finally called DJI and explained my situation. They told me just to bring it back to Best Buy and exchange it. Best Buy did take it back - a great surprise to me - and I got the PSPro. I've been extremely careful with i boxing and reading all instructions to make sure I'm not missing a single thing. I'll update on my experience once I've had a chance to fly and film this weekend.
Again, thank you all so much for your time and responses

This is raw footage from the phantom 3 standard. The quality and file size have been reduced but no fancy post production. If you watch this in HD it isn't bad but the original is much better than this.

Any chance of a sample of your video. Also have you tried re-setting the camera? it worked for me once.

Good luck.
Wow! Beautiful man me looked nowhere NEAR this clear or sharp! Where was this taken? Such a gorgeous spot!

Good luck.
I would've posted a video to show what I was talking about but I've deleted them all
I'll know better next time. How do you reset the camera?

Yep , the one that comes with it is class 10. Perhaps format it out of the phantom and see . So frustrating I know [emoji78]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl