Very off topic

Mine is kind of hidden, right above the reminder flag...
Perhaps the screen size is compressed some what, on a tablet?

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Omniround
Am viewing the site with a PC....1920 screen width...lots of places for things... I just discovered something. When viewing for forum from the top of the page, it is missing, only when I start to scroll down the page, does it appear. Can't fathom why it was programmed to work that way. Seems I should be able to a search from the top of the screen. Will try to post what I mean. Was going to try and post two screen caps, but it seems I can only post an image by first uploading it somewhere to get an URL....

Anyway, you will see, if it works like mine, that if you are at the top of the page, no search button, move down a fraction of an inch and it pops up???

95% of my web browsing is from this elder iPad 3. So, I never know what others may be able to see. I know my iPad Air 2 runs some things much smoother, and way faster. But I don't want to bog if down with superfluous content, or web browsing remnants.

See the bottom row of three buttons. The middle one says Upload a File.
I only use the picture icon above for www pics, but ones from my Photos can be accessed through that Upload a File. . .
Not sure if that help you out or not. But it should work.

RedHotPoker

Tell me if you see the same thing I do? If you are at the top of the screen, no search button, scroll down the page, it pops up.

Yes, essentially the same thing happens on my screen. At the top of the page, the magnifying glass in not visible. Realize too I am also using a touch screen. It varies. If I push the screen up, it can disappear, but pulling the screen back down a bit , it usually reappears. This forum has a sort of moving border at the top, and so some parts of the webpage do disappear, but by moving the screen around a bit, for me, I can usually get it to appear. Mind you, that's not a forum function (Search), which I will use very often.. I have limited need to search for threads or topics. If you want to keep track of threads you like, post a comment to it, and a reminder will pop up when ever it gets a reply or new post. And you can use those reminders for your forum bookmarks. ;-)
Tap the Black Star for a more advanced forum search.

My favorite Google search, is for Yahoo. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Omniround
Thanks, as a new user here, I don't have a lot of threads marked but I am getting a lot of reminders from where I have left a comment. Search is more important for a rookie I would suppose.

The touch screen shouldn't matter. Just seems like an odd way to design the top of the site such that the search icon isn't always there. It could pop up the search box as it does now. Anyway, thanks a lot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20