Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. bighi

Lately I've had a very good experience with DJI service Europe with the repair of two of my phantom 4's that developed stress cracks. Very fast turnaround, zero cost shipping and all. While I'd love to have a stronger phantom, this is the next best thing. I really can't complain.
    Screenshot_2016-07-21-12-24-48.png Screenshot_2016-07-21-12-24-56.png

Reed L likes this.
  2. Stephen Smith

Excellent customer after care service, pity it developed the cracks in the first instance

John1960 likes this.
  3. bighi

I agree, it really is a pity. Mind you, I truly feel that the phantom 4 is a far stronger design than the phantom 3. But it still could use more material thickness. I would gladly take its weight instead of the weight from the object avoidance equipment which I never bother using. But beggars can't be choosers after all. Nonetheless, DJI service Europe over in the Netherlands is pretty **** quick.

4. Patrick

did they actually replace the shell or just send you a new P4

5. bighi

20161202_185846.jpg What they did three times was out the old camera onto a new phantom 4 minus camera. I know because one time I got one which had one motor make funny noises. It flew fine so I never bothered. I figured it would crack eventually anyway. Just about every part in a phantom, 1, 2, 3 or 4 will outlive the shell. Now my fourth is due to be sent in. Same story. over 100 flights, 9km plus per flight. Never crashed of course. But I'll wait till the mavic is in next week before I ship it. What will be nice on the mavic is a more convenient size for stress crack repair shipping . Anyway, here is my current bird. It's way overdue to be shipped.

6. John1960

at the end of the day this problem with stress crack should not be happening

7. SteveNPhx

Is this a common thing? I have flown my P4 in sport mode a lot and haven't had any issues with it.. I do notice the plastic is creaky sounding, but I think it has been that way since the beginning..

8. bighi

Most of my flying was actually in normal mode, sensors off. Since I'm very easy with the controls, I'm of the opinion that sheer overall mileage flown is what propagates the problem. But yes, it really shouldn't be happening. Truth be told, the P4 is still far stronger than the 3 but could still use some more thickness of plastic in the area. Let's hope for good things in the mavic.

9. cb4017

Hmm, I had a P3A I sent in for cracks then sold when I got it back. I was wondering if the P4 also suffered from cracks. Seems they do.

10. Erised

I have over 2.5 million feet mostly in s mode with no cracks (Yet). I try to ease up on the hard banking to reduce high loads on the bird, so far it seems to be working.

11. SteveNPhx

Big hi what environments are you mostly flying in?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

12. Patrick

my cracks are in the middle of the shell. 291 flights, 337,416 ft, 61 hrs 48 minutes flight time, hand catch every single time with this particular phantom. almost never fly in sport mode, i make lots of panoramas so i do a lot of hovering with small rotations. never crashed.

P4 shell crack.jpg