Very disappointed!

Reaction score
While looking at the local new site online tonight, I came across this video.
7-Year-Old Seriously Hurt After Vernon House Collapses
It is a video from a drone flying over an accident scene after a house exploded. I am sad to see this happen in my state! I am even a little upset the news people posted it. I see this as close to the CA fire incidents, the last thing all those responders need is to worry about the drone over them. This dude flew right over the house. Am I off on my opinion?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in the Philly area and the local news here has their own drone coverage and ask people to send in news worthy drone shots.

Meh, IMHO not a big deal. The firefighters aren't going to care. Even if it dropped on their heads, with all of their turnout gear they'd hardly notice. I would worry about a news helicopter barging in and swatting the drone into the dirt.

Of course, he is flying over houses, people, etc. Not exactly recommended.

Sorry about the link, seems it is not the drone video, but you get the point. I see a couple posts already. I guess comparing to the fires is a bit of a stretch, no aircraft involved here. Still not sure if it will give the hobby/profession a bad name.

While looking at the local new site online tonight, I came across this video.
7-Year-Old Seriously Hurt After Vernon House Collapses
It is a video from a drone flying over an accident scene after a house exploded. I am sad to see this happen in my state! I am even a little upset the news people posted it. I see this as close to the CA fire incidents, the last thing all those responders need is to worry about the drone over them. This dude flew right over the house. Am I off on my opinion?

I was watching the news and thought the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1