very disappointed customer

Reaction score
bought the $1500 pro 4, have had a **** of a time updating once, finally got it though. and now a 2nd update took many hours and many tries. seemed to be updated. kept getting the no signal problem, had it hover and then it went beserk on me crashed into the floor and wouldn't stop. broke 3 propellers. seems to be somewhat okay other than that. but this no signal issue is ridiculous. the updates failing over and over are ridiculous. i'll never buy from dji again

Breath my friend. Get ahold of dji and send them your flight records if it's having problems like this. Wait for there response before you get irrational. Oh and in the future don't fly it it if you're not getting a signal!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

thanks jesse (love that show btw)

i solved the no signal by swapping out the micro sd card. still very unhappy with the 7 hours i've put in for 2 updates. should be way smoother of a process.

oh and btw, 1 motor was way way way hot compared to the other 3 when i finally manually pulled the battery out of it while the props were spinning.

i'm glad some of you are happy with the product, overall i simply am not.

Hey buddy I know you're angry right now but try to breathe have you tried to hook up to the DJI assistant on the computer it's much easier to update that way maybe you could factory reset it and start from there maybe you will have signal back if u reset.... if not just get a hold of DJI

Very disappointed drone.
was sold for the $1500, I'm pro 4, my new owner had a **** of a time updating me, never tried reading manuals though. and now a 2nd update took many hours and many tries. seems I'm updated. Couldn't connect to remote, so I reported 'no signal problem' but despiting my warnings, owner turned me on and told me to hover, but I couldn't retrive an RC signal, lost all my vision and fell on the ground. Instead of cutting motor power (as said in manual, left stick + RTH button).he was standing and watching me ripping my new props. seems to be somewhat okay other than that. but this pilot issue is ridiculous. the blamings falling over and over are ridiculous. i'll never want to be sold from dji again.

Hey guys lets cool it on the name calling - Troll, Idiot, etc.. It is ok if someone has a negative experience with the phantom. If you truly think someone is a troll (which this isn't) then report it and we will take care of it.

Thanks.

C.

The P4P is definitely a learning experience, for us and for DJI, it seems. If it's your first drone, it must be really difficult. Welcome to the forum!

I know very little about computers. I have just purchased a P4 & a P4P. My son help with the setup . I have at least 20 hours on both & no problems. So for a beginners drone & a dummy I had & have no issues.

I know very little about computers. I have just purchased a P4 & a P4P. My son help with the setup . I have at least 20 hours on both & no problems. So for a beginners drone & a dummy I had & have no issues.
Thats fine. DJI's drones are made for photographers. Not for pilots or enthusiasts. It is supposed be as hard as using a TV remote. If you want more - switch to atti mode. P4P has bunch of user mistakes countermeasures.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- check this. The only thing DJI wants user to do is read manuals. P4P is amazing compared to previous gen phantoms.
Believe me, older phantoms takes some cautioness from user. Naza controllers takes some skill to install and set up. P4P requires nothing. Camera has more tweaks than whole system. Thats it. Follow manuals and fly safe. You dont have to be good with computers, IT, piloting or something. If you're good enough to read couple of paper sheets came with your bird - you're good to go. And as hardware engineer I tell you - making such gear like phantom is hard, takes time, cash and knowledge. And price they want for it is a joke.
So, if ure enthusiast or just someone who wants to make some cool footage - you did a right choice.
Again. Manuals. 99% crashes are pilot dependant. Rest are hardware failure

thanks for the positive feedback. i'm starting to think the issue with the drone not being able to update firmware was related to the micro sd card.

i'm not as annoyed as i was the other night, but i'm still disappointed overall. hopefully i won't have much more issues. good luck to you all

I'm just not sure I believe the DJI Phantoms are meant for photographers !! There sold at BestBuy . There a play toy. They can be used by photographers but the Inspire 2 is the way to go for professionals .

Your right there. I just feel more people buy them for a hobby. I know that this may cause the end or very limited use of them. If you go out & film Realestate for sale , great . But I bet 95% of the drones sold at BestBuy never do that. I'm a professional pilot & Drones are a sorry topic !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan