Very bright video

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought my phantom 4 and playing with it.

And the videos I'm shooting seem to be very bright. At least when I change location.

Here is an example:

At about 0:30 I started to rotate gimbal and the brightness changed automatically. When I go back to the horizon view it is super bright for some time and slowly goes back to normal.

Is that OK?

WOW! I need sunglasses...
Send me an IM and will help you out.

If your shooting in auto exposure mode you will probably find the exposure compensation (right toggle wheel on back of remote) is set too high.

Welcome to the world of photography :)

As 'With the Birds' indicates, you can adjust the exposure compensation using the right wheel on the controller. Roll it one way and things get darker, roll it the other and things get brighter. Yours might be set wrong. The wheel controls exposure compensation. (Make sure the EV setting (exposure value) on your screen is zero).

ev.jpg

You can also do spot metering... Tap your finger on what you want to be exposed properly and a yellow circle will appear showing you what part of the screen is being metered.

Reactions: zeroed
Too lazy to type a lot, usually I help over the phone, provided the phone number.
If he is this bright in cloudy days...imagine shooting in AZ...

As 'With the Birds' indicates, you can adjust the exposure compensation using the right wheel on the controller.

yes, that is exactly what I did my second day with the drone - I played with this button and couldn't understand what to do with it..

I should probably read manual

thank you, I'll try again and let you know results

As 'With the Birds' indicates, you can adjust the exposure compensation using the right wheel on the controller. Roll it one way and things get darker, roll it the other and things get brighter. Yours might be set wrong. The wheel controls exposure compensation. (Make sure the EV setting (exposure value) on your screen is zero).
Good observation. This AE button is tricky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl