Very bright day - which filter?

ND4 for early morning or evening

I find that on a bright sunny day in Singapore, 16 is a minimum, a little cloud cover I'll switch to 8. I have never used my nd2 or 4 so far. I think 8,16 and 32 are indispensable.

What's the best set someone has bought? the flimsy kinds that you need to knock in and out of the FJI mount, or the more expanse ones that each contain their own ND#. aren't they $20 a piece or so?

What's the best set someone has bought? the flimsy kinds that you need to knock in and out of the FJI mount, or the more expanse ones that each contain their own ND#. aren't they $20 a piece or so?
You get what you pay for. I bought gel filters from phantomfilters and found them to be so so, prone to flaring and loss of image quality.

Polar pro is much better though, just remember to make sure the filters and cleaned well.

I'm very happy with DJI's Nd16 filter though. I find that it is really good and does not seem to affect the image quality much.

You get what you pay for. I bought gel filters from phantomfilters and found them to be so so, prone to flaring and loss of image quality.

Polar pro is much better though, just remember to make sure the filters and cleaned well.

I'm very happy with DJI's Nd16 filter though. I find that it is really good and does not seem to affect the image quality much.

OK. I'll try the polar pro ones... the inset flimsy types that you have to pull in and out with your fingers... well, I can't see how people would keep them clean. I'll get the mounted kinds just like we'd put on normal glass.. it makes sense.

OK. I'll try the polar pro ones... the inset flimsy types that you have to pull in and out with your fingers... well, I can't see how people would keep them clean. I'll get the mounted kinds just like we'd put on normal glass.. it makes sense.
Just make sure to take out the gel filters carefully by slowly sliding it out onto a lint free cloth or a high quality sunglasses cloth. Use the cloth to hold the gel or clean it and put it inside the filter.

^ just found that out. Sucks. Recommend one that will fit the polar pros?
I contacted Polar Pro and they don't make one but imagine someone does. In the meantime I'm screwing the DJI lens protector on when I put my P3 back in the case so I can slip the lens cap on.

I've found myself using ND32 in bright cloudless sunny days in Texas and New Mexico.
24fps, 1/50 shutter 100 iso and I get anywhere from -.3 to 0 exposure value. Which I believe is ideal. Under is better than overexposed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik