Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

vertical studios

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Romans109, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Romans109

im not associated with vertical studios just a fellow P3A flyer and wanted to get feedback on how good or bad the app is working on ios or any other devices. pros/cons and is it worth $20? or does the free version work ok? thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. BDOG

The free version of the app just allows one to try out the object tracking features without recording. So its a good try before you buy way to go. Know that it only keeps the gimbal on the subject that is setup within the app for tracking.

Romans109 likes this.
  3. JinForTheWin

I spent the $20 on it. It's ok but I need to test more. I don't think there's a follow mode. Tracking is cool and the drone can track a person but once that person is out of the frame and the drone can't turn anymore, the drone won't move forward. I did a video of it:

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. sdharris

I think the free version would at least let you see how well the tracking works. I've been testing it and it is pretty good, suffers from the same issues as the tracking on Phantom 4 with DJI GO but Vertical Studios have been doing it for a little while longer, I think the beta start in September time last year. There is a long thread on here dicussing it so I would search for the forums for feedback.

5. Suntana

Ya, I bought it. It's ok, doubt I'll use it for anything though. No where near the features you get with auto pilot, for the same money.

6. Baldo81

Litchi's beta on iOS allows tracking mode as vertical studio. So it'll be released soon... In my opinion Litchi has the same price of VS and lots more options...

7. JinForTheWin

I bought Vertical cause I thought the tracking was in follow mode as well. Wish I bought Litchi instead. lol

8. grottoli

At $5-$20 per app I bought most of them. You can't talk about 'em if you don't have/use them. My total drone app budget is a night's bar tab for most people. And don't mind supporting the development of these apps.

Love to fly, Cheers

66Fury and DaveB68 like this.
  9. Baldo81

ask for a refund if you're not happy with the app

10. JinForTheWin

eh - I'm ok with supporting the developer. Hopefully, they'll incorporate more features too. I also bought Litchi. Haven't used it yet.

Erroll likes this.
  11. Neil Mathew

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback here. Tracking is not the only Vertical Studio feature if that's what it seems like. Currently there's a Walls features that doesn't exist anywhere else. It lets you define virtual walls to make sure the drone never flies through them. Try it out!

Also we have a giant laundry list of features coming out very very soon. We're just getting started and I hope you guys will work with us closely as Vertical Studio matures as a product.

Baldo81 and JinForTheWin like this.
  12. JinForTheWin

How do I enable this feature?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Edit: found it. Looking forward to trying it. Sounds really cool

#12 JinForTheWin, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016