Vertical studio?

Reaction score
Anyone tried it yet is it any good? Any bugs? Should I buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone tried it yet is it any good? Any bugs? Should I buy it?

You can try it out yourself free of any charges - you pay only when you begin to record as far as I remember.

I flew with the beta release and was impressed with it...........they are very good at helping out if/when needed.

EDIT: they also have a forum which will help you figure out if it is worth the $$ Vertical

You can try it out yourself free of any charges - you pay only when you begin to record as far as I remember.

I flew with the beta release and was impressed with it...........they are very good at helping out if/when needed.

EDIT: they also have a forum which will help you figure out if it is worth the $$ Vertical
During track mode do have to have the controller with u or is it like the phantom 4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes the controller will have to be with you - this is 3rd party software that uses commands from the app on the device.

Just for the record.... the app does _not_ track the controller. It tracks what it "sees" in the video feed. The controller is still needed to fly the Phantom. The tracking only rotates the Phantom/camera and tilts the camera to keep it tracking.

Just for the record.... the app does _not_ track the controller. It tracks what it "sees" in the video feed. The controller is still needed to fly the Phantom. The tracking only rotates the Phantom/camera and tilts the camera to keep it tracking.

Well that sucks,I thought it followed you without the controller,bummer

Well that sucks,I thought it followed you without the controller,bummer

As mentioned by the company, the app is aimed more at cinematography. The app is designed so that the flyer no longer needs to control the camera and can devote his/her time and effort in getting the right shot. Personally, I love the app. It's allowed me to get shots that otherwise would have been impossible. I've used all the apps made for Android and my two go to apps are the DJI Pilot app and Vertical Studio. Litchi comes in at a close third.

You can ship to 1:20 if you'd like:

Here is my quick demo:

As mentioned by the company, the app is aimed more at cinematography. The app is designed so that the flyer no longer needs to control the camera and can devote his/her time and effort in getting the right shot. Personally, I love the app. It's allowed me to get shots that otherwise would have been impossible. I've used all the apps made for Android and my two go to apps are the DJI Pilot app and Vertical Studio. Litchi comes in at a close third.

You can ship to 1:20 if you'd like:

Here is my quick demo:

In the first video,so you are flying the phantom with the remote but the app is helping to frame the shot,is that correct? And does the tablet need gps for this function to work?
thanks

Here is my quick demo:
GREAT choice in soundtrack music and excellent job on editing! Thanks for sharing! I can only hope to be able to edit half as well as you can.

In the first video,so you are flying the phantom with the remote but the app is helping to frame the shot,is that correct? And does the tablet need gps for this function to work?
thanks

I am flying the Phantom and the app is visually tracking the truck. That is, it's keeping the camera focused on the truck. Keep in mind, this means the app will raise and lower the camera as well as panning the aircraft (turning side to side). Keep in mind that this changes the steering of the Phantom. For example, lets say the drone is directly in front of the truck. Right stick moves the Phantom to the left and left stick moves it to the right (as it's backwards... facing the truck). Easy enough. But lets say you fly to the left of the truck. Well, now right stick moves the Phantom to the front of the truck. It kept the camera focused on the truck so it had to turn the Phantom.

I'll let you in on a secret.... I was trying to keep the Phantom in front of the truck but it was still difficult. So when it moves to the side, it's really kind of a mistake. However, I knew this would happen and I knew it would create the best looking shots (IMHO).

GREAT choice in soundtrack music and excellent job on editing! Thanks for sharing! I can only hope to be able to edit half as well as you can.

Wow, that means a lot to me! I have been spending a lot of time trying to get better and better. I'm always trying something a little different in order to get better. Sometimes I view other people's videos and they look great. I then wonder if they are just really good at it an get it to look good right from the start or if they are like me and need to spend a few hours editing. As I do more and more videos I do find that the "staples" that I've leaned make it easier and quicker.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Wow, that means a lot to me! I have been spending a lot of time trying to get better and better. I'm always trying something a little different in order to get better. Sometimes I view other people's videos and they look great. I then wonder if they are just really good at it an get it to look good right from the start or if they are like me and need to spend a few hours editing. As I do more and more videos I do find that the "staples" that I've leaned make it easier and quicker.
I have Adobe Premier Elements for pics and vid but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to use it. It sure isn't as easy as they said it is, at least not to me.

And thanks for the Vertical tutorial. Again, I have the app, pro version as you do, and I have had nothing but difficulty with it. Constantly 'loses' its subject (me) Just in the backyard. When I have 15 minutes later on, I will watch your help video. Thanks so much, again!

I have Adobe Premier Elements for pics and vid but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to use it. It sure isn't as easy as they said it is, at least not to me.
As with everything, there is a learning curve. It's certainly an investment in of time to learn how to use photo/video editors.

And thanks for the Vertical tutorial. Again, I have the app, pro version as you do, and I have had nothing but difficulty with it. Constantly 'loses' its subject (me) Just in the backyard. When I have 15 minutes later on, I will watch your help video. Thanks so much, again!
It is dependent on the horsepower in the display device. I've not had any issues using a Nvidia Shield. I find that it tracks very well. However, visual tracking does have it's limitations in that pretty much any object between the camera and the subject is going to throw it off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj