Vertical Studio now supports Phantom 3 Standard

I use iOS and it is only $19.99.
9e937cc3b208a98e86d9aa02f1e6ca90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
27.99 CAD I apologize for now specifying.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I got it used worked good but sucks you can't record I tried to screen record but it blacked out the screen. I wish it was 10$ to record

Well I tried this out today using my Phantom 3 Advanced and my Nexus 7 2nd Gen.

It seemed to work okay.
I tried using it in a very large field and to track my daughter who was riding around on her electric scooter.
It worked well to some extent. When she would take off and move it was difficult for me to keep her in view.
It is a shame that this does not actually follow the subject, you have to manually do that.
If it did follow I would probably plunk down the 20 bucks for it (maybe)

I could not get the walls feature to work at all.
Overall for 20 bucks I do not think it is worth it.
It is also a shame that the app developer has not continued to post updates to this thread.

It if were 10 bucks and it had a follow option with the tracking, or at least the ability to yaw the aircraft and adjust the gimbal to keep the subject centered in view, then it would be a no brainier.
Hopefully Litchi will bring tracking to there android release soon.

Your results are interesting. I'm running it on an iPhone 6 with a P3S and it DOES yaw the aircraft. I set it to track on my wife and only had to use forward pitch to follow her. When she made a turn, the drone turned to follow her. Today, I set it to track me and the bird pivoted in a circle to follow. Haven't tried the walls feature yet so I can't say anything about that. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your results are interesting. I'm running it on an iPhone 6 with a P3S and it DOES yaw the aircraft. I set it to track on my wife and only had to use forward pitch to follow her. When she made a turn, the drone turned to follow her. Today, I set it to track me and the bird pivoted in a circle to follow. Haven't tried the walls feature yet so I can't say anything about that. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I will give it another shot, maybe I was doing something wrong? Did you have to change anything in the settings? Let me know your results with the walls feature.

Thanks

I think litchi does have the tracking feature now. I definitely have it on mine since the last update they did. Not sure if it's in the app or a beta app but I was checking it out today. I couldn't fly cause of the wind so maybe tomorrow I can try out the tracking feature.

I don't remember changing anything, but I'll try to check next time. I just centered the camera on my wife, drew the target box around her on the screen and asked her to start walking. The drone would yaw left or right to track her. Then I just used the forward pitch to fly the drone. Thought it was pretty cool! But, I'll look and see if I changed anything. And I'll check the wall function when I get a chance.

I think litchi does have the tracking feature now. I definitely have it on mine since the last update they did. Not sure if it's in the app or a beta app but I was checking it out today. I couldn't fly cause of the wind so maybe tomorrow I can try out the tracking feature.
Are you using it on Android or iOS?

Whoa there. You mean to tell me this is for apple only? And I bought/downloaded the app from google play store. No wonder it never connects. What's up with that?

You can try all the features on the app for free without purchasing. Yes, we don't support Phantom 3 standard on Android right now and it is because of a bug on DJI's side. We have gotten in touch with them so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Nice app man. One problem, it tracks me and my dog flawlessly, but I have to pay 27.99 TO START A VIDEO?

Hi jack. Just wondering, do you prefer to pay before downloading and trying the app instead ? Vertical Studio is not a free app but we wanted people to be able to download and try all the features of the app before paying for it. So you can try all features, but when you want to start recording to the SD card, you pay for the upgrade. We're open to all feedback so please let me know if you prefer a different purchase flow.

But then again, I expect my support to be rewarded with a working product. The developers silence on this topic is quite deafening...
Apologies for the delayed response on my part. Please feel free to email me personally at [email protected] and I can help you with any issues you're having. Or you can also contact us on our support forum at forum.vertical.ai

It's a bit confusing if you don't pay close attention to the thread... I haven't verified, but apparently the iOS version of the app supports the P3S. There does appear to be an Android version but according to the description in Google Play it only supports the P3A and P3P.

And yes, I find it odd that the original poster hasn't jumped in to try to clear up any confusion.

Yes! iOS supports P3 Standard right now, but Android does not. This is because of an internal DJI problem. We're hoping this is solved soon.

Yes! iOS supports P3 Standard right now, but Android does not. This is because of an internal DJI problem. We're hoping this is solved soon.
Well that explains why I can't connect then. Dammit.

I am using the Android version running on my Nexus 7 2nd Gen with my Phantom 3 Advanced.

Has anyone here gotten the walls feature to work using the android version?
Do you have to pay to unlock this feature? I can't seem to get this to work.

Also I know you can not follow a subject when tracking, but if tracking and you are moving the phantom forward and the subject turns will the phantom automatically turn to keep the subject in focus? If so, is this the same behavior on Android? I did have some success using the software but I had some difficulty keeping the subject in frame (which was my daughter driving around in a large field using an electric scooter). Another user posted that they thought when they would fly forward there aircraft would auto-magically turn to keep the tracked subject in focus. I did not experience that.

Price Point - Seems steep
Litchi which has much more functions costs 14.99 for ios and 19.99 for Android.

Speaking of litchi I do see that track now available on Android beta: see release note from Litchi (I like the idea of using this with orbit):
Build 650:
- added Track mode*
- added Focus on tap for X5 and X5R cameras
* Track uses computer vision algorithms to keep the selected object in the video frame, rotating the aircraft (yaw) and gimbal (pitch) as needed. For the Inspire 1, the gimbal yaw is also controlled.
You (the user) are still in control of the aircraft and can use various course lock settings to help with smoothing out aircraft movements.
Please note that there is an tiny amount of lag added to aircraft controls in Track mode (similar to Focus mode), this is normal and required for this to work.
To select the object, use the pinch gesture on the video preview (2 fingers).
Because Litchi decodes the video, runs the algorithms to track the object and renders the video, all of this in real-time, lower end devices and possibly even mid-end are unlikely to be up for the task.
Please do not try to record the screen (e.g. with AZ screen recorder) while using Track, or if you do, make sure your device can keep up and that it does not affect the tracking.
In Track mode, you can also activate Orbit which will cause the aircraft to orbit around the tracked object at the speed selected in the Track settings window.

When we will have it on android?

We're working on getting this on Android but to be completely honest I can't give you a timeline because this is a DJI problem and we can't control their timelines. We'll try to go around the problem to fix it but you'll have to bear with us then. If you purchased the app for Phantom 3 standard on Android before testing it, I can offer you a refund.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20