Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Also from the Vertical Team, let us know if you have any questions and we’re excited to see how you guys like using VS.

Cheers!
Welcome when we get it we will provide a lot of feedback until then.........

Ok guys,
Here's an update on VS Beta.

We're going to be sending out download links to all of you in batches all throughout the day so stay tuned on your email!

Here's some additional information on how to prepare for beta testing. Before you get started, sign-up for the beta user forum we've set up to better organize feedback, suggestions and bug reports.

Please refer to our "getting started" guide on our beta forum to learn about usage, known issues and our feedback process during this beta program.
Getting Started Guide

Please also introduce yourself to the community here:
Introduce Yourself Here

Thanks!

Hi i signed up for the beta test but never did get an email just checking to see if im still on the list
[email protected]
Thanks
Sid

I see you've signed up for the iOS beta. We're sending out Android invites today but we're still working on getting our iOS beta published on the Apple beta store - which is an annoyingly lengthy process :) We'll send you a message when iOS is ready! Or you can sign up for Android if you have any Android device lying around :)

That's Awesome! I'm actually just happy you got past the installation and first flight! Was the getting started guide intuitive enough ? Is there something we can improve in the startup procedure ? Of course the UI design right now is very rudimentary and we'll be going through a proper design soon.
I didn't even read the instructions. I'm a male, we never do. :) There's your answer it was very easy for me anyway. Good work. It does what it says on the tin.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Hey Peeps!
I am one more from the Vertical team :). We are all very excited to get you guys going on the app and will be working hard to make the experience awesome and shipping updates as fast as possible!

I also try and fly/film a lot so feel free to ping me about usability/flying/filming issues.

This is something I just shot with the VS app last week. Got all the footage in 5mins from an Inspire (which is impressive for a noob like me):

Reactions: Karthikdoc
I see you've signed up for the iOS beta. We're sending out Android invites today but we're still working on getting our iOS beta published on the Apple beta store - which is an annoyingly lengthy process :) We'll send you a message when iOS is ready! Or you can sign up for Android if you have any Android device lying around :)
Hi Neil this app Vertical Studio looks amazing & a great idea you guys, thanks to DownUnder we have got a flavour & insight of what's in store for us, not sure if you have contacted any iOS users yet but if not maybe a automated acknowledgement email should do the trick to put us @ rest till ye get published on iOS beta, I imagine your up to your [emoji102],
Thanks Ptr

Hi Neil this app Vertical Studio looks amazing & a great idea you guys, thanks to DownUnder we have got a flavour & insight of what's in store for us, not sure if you have contacted any iOS users yet but if not maybe a automated acknowledgement email should do the trick to put us @ rest till ye get published on iOS beta, I imagine your up to your [emoji102],
Thanks Ptr

Good idea! I'll send out an update email to all you iOS folks out there :)

Reactions: Ptr
Hey guys,

I just wanted to clarify. Our app is only compatible with DJI Inspire, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced. Since this is a Pro/ Adv discussion only I didn't think I needed to specify that but I'm getting a few questions about it so I've updated our site to clarify this as well.

Thanks!

Some very interesting discussions and an amazing concept. I am interested in the final app for sure. Currently using an Air 2 so will wait. Question what have you programmed for the situation where the tracked object momentarily goes behind an object eg tree?

Some very interesting discussions and an amazing concept. I am interested in the final app for sure. Currently using an Air 2 so will wait. Question what have you programmed for the situation where the tracked object momentarily goes behind an object eg tree?

Great question! Right now, unfortunately the tracking will trip up if your subject gets occluded by an obstacle. But we're working on ways to stay robust even if that happens. For example a better machine learning algorithm that learns what your subject looks like and is able to re-target it when it comes out of an occlusion would be a solution - but it's tough to stuff all that algorithmic sauce into a mobile app. We're constantly working to improve this so hopefully we'll get around it soon!

Just signed up on your website, looking forward to trying this out for air-to-air and air-ground shot tracking. Thanks.

Had a little dabble with this in my windy rainy uk back garden. Works a treat! This is one of those apps that does one of the things I'd wondered about....ie focus on a subject real time on the fpv feed rather than the map. Unbelievably clever!

Reactions: Neil Mathew and Ptr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik