Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

...I think with Vertical Studio you'll be able to not only do more aggressive chase maneuvers, but also manage the camera in in a super slick and smooth way. We'll keep you posted about the iOS beta!

That would be something indeed, the feature I'm looking for as well!

Signed up also, have been using android on a samsung tab 4 since i started but just got hold of a ipad air 2 from a friend, she hates the ipad ...says its too big and clumsy for her needs so i might take her up on a swap,
Always imagined i would never have an apple product in my hands again since a bad experience many years ago, only flown with the ipad air a couple of times and over all it seems more stable and usable with the dji go app,
Trying third party apps on both will sway me one way or the other.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Brilliant, indeed like the focus mode of litchi but with object recognition. Did that some time ago with a tethered laptop and tld commanding via mavlink but this in the app.... Speechless!!
Any idea about the computing power needed on the mobile device?, should the dji advised mobile devices be sufficient for this application?

Not a filmmaker, just a hobbyist with an Inspire1 . I find this app very interesting. I do have a question. If using an Inspire1, what happens when your target approaches and passes underneath? Does the camera pitch down and then yaw? Is it a too difficult task to complete smoothly?

Brilliant, indeed like the focus mode of litchi but with object recognition. Did that some time ago with a tethered laptop and tld commanding via mavlink but this in the app.... Speechless!!
Any idea about the computing power needed on the mobile device?, should the dji advised mobile devices be sufficient for this application?

Oh sweet! Another computer vision nerd like us :) We should chat more. Yeah TLD is notoriously slow and so we've had to write out own proprietary, light weight, track-learn-detect framework that can run better on most mobile devices out there. The most processor intensive thing on the app, believe it or not, is DJI's video decoding. From our tests, it's run decently well on most phones - but I can't say for sure. Let's see how all the beta users find the performance on their phones.

Not a filmmaker, just a hobbyist with an Inspire1 . I find this app very interesting. I do have a question. If using an Inspire1, what happens when your target approaches and passes underneath? Does the camera pitch down and then yaw? Is it a too difficult task to complete smoothly?

You hit the nail right on the head. This passing-under shot has been a challenge for us, for a while now. We haven't programmed the rotate behavior, mainly because it's hard to come up with a behavior that feels natural enough but also keeps the subject in the frame in this particular use case. I'd love to get your feedback on how to implement this use case better. Would you be ok with us controlling Yaw randomly on the Inspire in that case ? (The only reason i ask is that sometimes you hit the limit of motion on the gimbal and can't pan anymore)

Signed up also, have been using android on a samsung tab 4 since i started but just got hold of a ipad air 2 from a friend, she hates the ipad ...says its too big and clumsy for her needs so i might take her up on a swap,
Always imagined i would never have an apple product in my hands again since a bad experience many years ago, only flown with the ipad air a couple of times and over all it seems more stable and usable with the dji go app,
Trying third party apps on both will sway me one way or the other.

Well if our app convinced you to switch devices, that would be a huge win for us :) Try the app out on your android and then maybe switch to Apple if you still want to change.

Reactions: jingthing
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Also from the Vertical Team, let us know if you have any questions and we’re excited to see how you guys like using VS.

Cheers!

Signed up and when/if i get into beta on my Ipad Mini i will bring you some snowmobile clips when i ride my 160hp polaris and doing "wheelies" :)

Must say that this looks really promising.

You do need to close the
Signed up and when/if i get into beta on my Ipad Mini i will bring you some snowmobile clips when i ride my 160hp polaris and doing "wheelies" :)

Must say that this looks really promising.

Thanks! Snowmobile wheelies sound amazing btw. Send them our way when you get to filming that!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20