Vertical Photos Stitched Together

Reaction score
I would like to see an example of this where drones were used to take the photographs. Are there any photos like that posted here?

Any links to such photos would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have found a site with detailed vertical images that are a composite of multiple images, please provide a link.

Thanks.

I would like to see an example of this where drones were used to take the photographs. Are there any photos like that posted here?
Any links to such photos would be appreciated.
You mean some photos like these?
647-62a-X2.jpg

DJI_0137-44a-X2.jpg

i-pGWHHZd-X2.jpg

I mean a vertical image like the following, except this one was likely one photograph that was taken. This same area could be photographed from a lower altitude in sections and the images could then be combined to make one very large and very detailed photograph.

golf_course_aerial_RCC.jpg

Thanks for posting those meta4. Is there any place I could see the full size images?

Is the bottom photo also made of multiple images?

I have never combined photos like that. Can you choose the points where they meet so that you don't have awkward seams? I imagine it might be difficult to match a seam on a building were there might be the face of a building in one shot and not in in another.

What program did you use to do that top image? How long did it take to make the final image?

Also, what was your AGL?

Last edited:
@nwairphotos: Try PTGui. It works very well for panoramas (multi-photo combined shots). I'm not sure what you mean by "vertical" photos. The pic you posted is horizontal.

In aerial photography "vertical" means looking straight down, on the vertical axis. From an angle it would be called "oblique."

Has anyone had experience "mapping" a cliff face? That is, stitching together a bunch of photos of a cliff face to make an image of a vertical feature rather than a traditional map of the ground surface?

That's not what I was looking for, but that's amazing, and I would love to be able to do that too.

What equipment and software do you need to do it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan