Vertical black lines in video footage

Reaction score
Hi all! My P3P is having some issues with vertical black lines while recording video. The lines only appear in high contrast areas and look like an over exposure warning but they are present in the final saved video. Heres a sample from 2 hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tT9k_x-0a8&feature=youtu.be

The ribbon cable got a bit jostled around over the weekend but this looks like it could be a software issue.. or a sensor problem.. I've contacted DJI but i'd like other peoples opinions. My ribbon cable has very slight damage so it may be the culprit. I've already got a replacement cable from ATKdrones but have yet to install it. I bought the P3P used for a very resonable price through a licensed vendor so im not sure of any warranty i might have. Should i replace the ribbon cable myself and void any warranty i might have? Should i ship the camera off to DJI or other repair shop? Maybe its a software issue that can be fixed? What do you think- ribbon cable, camera, or software? Should i go in and try to fix the ribbon cable? Thanks!

Hi all! My P3P is having some issues with vertical black lines while recording video. The lines only appear in high contrast areas and look like an over exposure warning but they are present in the final saved video. Heres a sample from 2 hours ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tT9k_x-0a8&feature=youtu.be

The ribbon cable got a bit jostled around over the weekend but this looks like it could be a software issue.. or a sensor problem.. I've contacted DJI but i'd like other peoples opinions. My ribbon cable has very slight damage so it may be the culprit. I've already got a replacement cable from ATKdrones but have yet to install it. I bought the P3P used for a very resonable price through a licensed vendor so im not sure of any warranty i might have. Should i replace the ribbon cable myself and void any warranty i might have? Should i ship the camera off to DJI or other repair shop? Maybe its a software issue that can be fixed? What do you think- ribbon cable, camera, or software? Should i go in and try to fix the ribbon cable? Thanks!
Looks like the iris on the camera is not reacting quickly enough and closing the aperture quickly enough-- it is looking straight into the sun and gradually almost fades out except for the spot directly at the sun. Did you try it on AE (autoexposure) and then Manual and use the dial to adjusted the exposure settings?

Looks like the iris on the camera is not reacting quickly enough and closing the aperture quickly enough-- it is looking straight into the sun and gradually almost fades out except for the spot directly at the sun. Did you try it on AE (autoexposure) and then Manual and use the dial to adjusted the exposure settings?

No, it was in Auto the whole time

sounds like a camera issue then -- maybe because of the cable-- can you manually adjust it out?

I did the camera reset while pointing at the brightest object in the sky this morning and it worked to some degree! the vertical black lines are still visible in overexposed areas but the camera seems to be reacting more quickly and there are way less lines. heres a test video i shot at 1pm, ill shoot another around sunset to compare to yesterdays footage.

from another thread i read some guy send his camera back to DJI and they charged $491 to replace the whole camera/gimbal and he had to wait all that time..

I'm thinking about switching out the ribbon wire still, it could be damaged and just a shitty connection causing all that noise on the white channel.. if i do spend the money to switch the whole camera i think ill do it myself instead of ship to DJI to save time because you sure as hell dont save $.

:)
I did the camera reset while pointing at the brightest object in the sky this morning and it worked to some degree! the vertical black lines are still visible in overexposed areas but the camera seems to be reacting more quickly and there are way less lines. heres a test video i shot at 1pm, ill shoot another around sunset to compare to yesterdays footage.

from another thread i read some guy send his camera back to DJI and they charged $491 to replace the whole camera/gimbal and he had to wait all that time..

I'm thinking about switching out the ribbon wire still, it could be damaged and just a shitty connection causing all that noise on the white channel.. if i do spend the money to switch the whole camera i think ill do it myself instead of ship to DJI to save time because you sure as hell dont save $.
Looking better-- looks like the light is fading out when you hit the horizon- which has to be caused by a delay in the iris closing. Of course that is editable in post. I wouldn't get real excited on it unless you are a photography expert-- then I know you will want to fix it.

I had the same problem with a used camera I bought. I took it it off auto and adjusted it out. I am still not happy with it

I have the same problem DJI claims it's the remote controller Causing the vertical black lines in pre and post footage and said they sinked there own rc to my air craft and there was nothing wrong with in other words they claim it's a transmission issue but how can that be if it shows up in post CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik