Vertical area image capture

Reaction score
I have a P3A, and need to some photography work that requires photographing vertical rock faces. I'm talking about areas 200ft high and 200ft wide. The images are then used to create 3d geometry of the area.

I've used DroneDeploy and Pix4DCapture to photograph plots of land, and the automation those software provide makes the process of capturing hundreds of images very easy.

For my project I need the P3A to take images while moving is a pattern similar to how Drone Deploy/Pix4DCapture does, but I need it for vertical faces. So the P3A would take photos as it moves up the face, the slides a predetermined amount sideways, then descends, then slides again sideways, and up again.

Is there an app out there or a way to program waypoints(?) to do this? Or a simple way to program a macro/addon/plugin?

The process can be done by hand, but it's incredibly time consuming to move the P3 and take images manually.
Just looking for a more automated solution.

Last edited:
You could probably program a series of waypoints in litchi. Either a series of individual WPs or ones just at the end of each traverse with the camera set to snap a picture evey xx seconds. Program the speed between wps to give you the spacing you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31