Verizon Ellipsis 8 go app install problems

Reaction score
I hope someone can help...My tablet prompted me to update to Lollipop 5.1.1, so I did. Upon completion go app was removed, now I can download it but it will not install and I have turned off security settings regarding apps.....Help!

no OS upgrade will remove previously installed apps. what error are you seeing?

Everything was working fine...I did aircraft firmware update, go app prompted me to update radio, all was well. Then after I was all done with DJI updates, my tablet prompted update so I did it...upon completion go app disappeared. I downloaded current version from DJI with no issues,then hit install and tablet thinks for awhile then say application not installed. When I go to google play store it says not compatible with your device...until now I have been using this tablet for months with no problems...

uninstall the app, remove the DJI folder and remaining contents, try side loading again w/ the version from the website.

I performed a factory reset...when I look in application manager there is nothing related to DJI. I just downloaded go app fro DJI site, same result. It downloads but will not install.

google the exact error message and see if you can find a solution.

I have an update: I went to my local Verizon store and presented my case...They said it's a problem with the APP as when you go to the play store it now tells me it's not compatible with the device. After waiting on hold with DJI, they told me that's correct, the APP is no longer compatible with your device after update. They told me new OS on tablet uses too much memory and CPU power and is now inadequate for go app. New tablet only option. WTF?

They told me new OS on tablet uses too much memory and CPU power and is now inadequate for go app
so wait, upon trying to install the app, it does a scan to determine how much memory and CPU is available at the time of installation? I call ********. Either way, you don't need a new tablet. Root your device and install a different ROM starting w/ the stock version of whatever you were using when it worked. There are tons of instructions on how to root all over the interwebs. Beats buying a new tab.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4