Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ver.1.1.1 Considerations before undertaking mods. Request info and suggestions.

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by JuanG, Jan 31, 2016.

1. JuanG

Dear All!
    I've had three excellent flight sessions with my mint Phantom V.1.1.1 with the fake SJ4000 SportsCam without a gimble and using DJI camera mount only).
    Total weight now is 945 grams with one (1) Black Magic LiPO 25C-2700mAh on board. (Using only one at a time)
    Flight duration 16.5 minutes before before first red led blink, with engines running cool. (Tested three (3) different Black Magic LiPO 25C-2700mAh). They just fit inside the standard battery door.
    I think I have 9450 new propellers. Any difference with with "Thrust Boosted" 9450 props?
    Before I start adding weight, I would like to better understand what would happen to my flight time:
    1. With the current battery setup;
    2. If I increase the takeoff weight to 1200 grams, the maximum takeoff load.
    Options that I am considering:
    A. Gimbal
    B. Video streaming (I have questions about WIFI range).
    C. Telemetry streaming.
    Thank you,
    Juan

2. Ti22

What are your goals? Do you want smooth, stable “establishing shot” video or just wish to grab some stills and/or fly along FPV? If the former (steady video) you need a 2 axis motorized gimbal.

Be aware, you should not use wifi video streaming with P1’s or 2.4Ghz flight radios. FC40 has a good reputation using wifi streaming cameras because it’s flight radio operates 5.8Ghz.

I dunno my exact weight but my P1 carries Hero2, eBay Gimbal, 5.8Ghz VTX, dual 2200mAh battery packs. I generally use the 9443 P2 vision props lifting that payload. 12-14 min no worry flight times.

Sorry, no Telemetry experience.

3. gianni_BT

I have the P1.1.1 with 9043 propellers, low voltage monitor, 2 axis gimbal (the cheap but heavy Goodluckbuy with 8 bit controller) and the fake SJ4000 Camera: total weight about 1120 grams.
    Using the BlackMagic 2700 my flight time is around 14 / 14.5 min (depending on the flight mode):with the Blackmagic 3000mah I have about 30 sec. more.