Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ver 1.1.1 15 mins flight.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozzyguy, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Ozzyguy

Has anyone with a version 1 Phantome gotten anywhere near the DJI claimed max flight time of 15 mins. Best I can get is 13 mins. No gombal or gamers as yet. Completely stock airframe. Expect for my lightening mods.

2. Howzit

"Advertised" flight is generally a stable hover in ideal conditions. 13 sounds about right. I was getting 7-8 mins on a stock phantom with FPV and GoPro.

Add some P2 props and a MadDog 2700mah battery and you'll get better than that advertised 15 :)

3. OI Photography

+1

My record is just over 16 min on my nearly-naked P1 with the Maddog 2700 and P2 props.

4. ElGuano

It's been a LONG time since I've tried, but I think I've gotten 15 minutes, or close, with a naked Phantom and the stock DJI batteries, windless day, slow wide circles. Definitely not with stock voltage alarms.

5. Howzit

Speaking of, how do you turn off the voltage limits in NAZA completely? Just 0 them out?

6. ElGuano

There's actually an on/off setting in Assistant.

7. reALIGNed

When you recharge the 2700 battery (after a 16 min flight), how many mAh's are you putting back into it?

8. OI Photography

A lot, more than the rating suggests. I only ran it down to 10.6v and it bounced back to 11.1 before charging, and I think it still took back almost 2500mAh (been a while since I tested that)

9. kydan

What's your tool for measuring the current volts in it? Link please :?:

10. Howzit

Volts are easy - just any ol cheap multi-meter from pretty much anywhere.

I assume his lipo charger has a screen that outputs total mah put back into the battery.

11. OI Photography

For flight batt cell voltages I usually use this: http://www.buddyrc.com/3-in-1-battery-c ... arger.html

Sometimes I'll check total voltage on the bench with a regular multimeter, but usually that gadget is my go-to tool.

The charger I use also checks/shows cell voltage and tracks total mAh's returned to the batt while charging, as do many.

12. JaysDMC

When mine was brand new and straight out of the box with no accessories (no prop guards, new blades, no gimbal, no go pro, no extended size landing arms) I'd get 15 to 17 mins on a perfectly still day. This is with the 2200 mAh batteries.