Vent: Nimbys

Reaction score
Seriously, I am so tired of flying my craft and having people passively-aggressively tell me I suck.

It's always an old, white couple, too.

Tonight, it was me flying from the trails of Lake Hodges, 100+' above and I flew/walked over to the dog park where my daughter was with my dog. Out of the 20 minutes of footage I have, literally less than 40 seconds is of the dog park but my daughter told me there were several old couples complaining in the few seconds it was there and left because they didn't want their dogs bothered by the drone. This was when I was landing and the dogs didn't even care then. The husky is mine and the others came in this pen seconds before I started to land (hand catch).

upload_2016-7-19_21-16-48.png

I haven't had anyone dog me about my drone, as of yet. Thought the pun was relevant. =] So far about the only asshat I dealt with was... as you said an older couple that came over to see what I was doing while flying around the harbor here. I was very open and answered all their questions including what something like this costs.... He says to his wife "See how kids waste their money these days?". I got pissed at this point because I'm a 37 year old man who owns his own business and pays every bill on time.... How dare he!

Seriously, I am so tired of flying my craft and having people passively-aggressively tell me I suck.

It's always an old, white couple, too.

Why the "race" card? Really?????

People have a right to privacy and safety which is exactly why we try to fly (at least take off and land) far away from other people.

Also keep in mind that the noise can bother or at least distract some animals. Why some and not others I don't know but I've seen dogs pay mine no attention and other times a particular dog can't seem to tolerate it at all. Who knows.

I had a women who was walking her dog, stop and watch me fly a Litchi mission. She thought it was the "coolest thing ever". Turns out, she is a retired nun! Just can't tell who will like it and who will not.

People have a right to privacy.

not in a public park they don't. Not in any sense.

Then again there's no group more saturated with a sense of entitlement than old, white baby boomers (which is why I think commenting on the crabby old white people is completely fine and accurate)

Then again there's no group more saturated with a sense of entitlement than old, white baby boomers (which is why I think commenting on the crabby old white people is completely fine and accurate)

But being white and heterosexual they have very poor victimhood cards. Thats all that counts for winning an argument these days.

I can see you have narrow and "set" attitude. Good luck in your flying adventures... I think you're going to need it.

Reactions: N017RW and EddieM

WOW!! I fall into that group. Hope you are not painting with a very broad brush.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic