Venom battery from Powerhobby.com

Reaction score
Just got my much anticipated higher mAh rated ,fancy lcd display battery by Venom,from powerhobby.com and it is dead will not turn on or take a charge or show any signs of life. Sent them an email and now the waiting game. I have a one and done rule for flight or medical related items. I am done with generic items ,evidently there is no quality control at Atomik-rc(venom) industries.

I have a couple of those. I have been happy with them, overall. My main complaint is that it didn't have auto-discharge, and since I didn't know it, I left the battery fully charged for three weeks straight and it swelled and I had to eventually retire it after only 37 cycles. Other than that, I've been very happy with the Venoms.

Problem with these P2s is they're so old now, and I think the inventory is also old, meaning many of the batteries being sold are junk because they've been sitting too long.

Amazon is a great place to buy because if you have a problem you will get a response within 2 days regardless of whether the seller is a flake. Amazon themselves will step in and solve the problem.

Good luck.

I have a couple of those. I have been happy with them, overall. My main complaint is that it didn't have auto-discharge, and since I didn't know it, I left the battery fully charged for three weeks straight and it swelled and I had to eventually retire it after only 37 cycles. Other than that, I've been very happy with the Venoms.

Problem with these P2s is they're so old now, and I think the inventory is also old, meaning many of the batteries being sold are junk because they've been sitting too long.

Amazon is a great place to buy because if you have a problem you will get a response within 2 days regardless of whether the seller is a flake. Amazon themselves will step in and solve the problem.

Good luck.
When were P2V s produced ?

They first came out in Sept 2013. DJI abandoned the firmware and stopped selling them on their website in the fall of 2015.

Mark, when you mentioned " they're so old now, and I think the inventory is also old" I had a vision dating back to my Field Service Technician days. Sometimes connectors,chips,switches,contacts etc, pretty much anything that is copper,silver or gold plated will tarnish or corrode enough to not pass current even though they may look fine. So i tried an old trick, plugged and unplugged the battery to charger connector firmly about 10 times to "scuff clean" the connectors, and WAH LAH SHA ZAM a connection was made,charging began, and battery display came on. I am just glad the connection was bad at charger initially not on the craft later.
Thanks Mark.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik