Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Veers to the left

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by CYeutter, Sep 8, 2014.

1. CYeutter

When I launch my PV2+ it always immediately moves to the left and then slowly circles in about a 15 foot diameter circle. This is after multiple calibrations and is not really that big an issue.
    What IS new and a little troubling is if I fly it away from me at some speed and then let off on the stick, it veers to the left about 30 or 40 feet before going into a hover. Could be a potential problem if I’m flying between trees or other objects. Re-calibration and compass calibration doesn’t seem to help. This is with about 8 satellites. Any ideas of where I could look? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. How lucky to have access to such an awesome forum.

2. happydays

The latest software was supposed to fix these issues as many have reported. What firmware are you using?

3. PhantomPhreak

Check that your firmware is up to date. This was fixed in 3.06.

4. CYeutter

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest firmware. Checked it yesterday. I'd also like to add that it flies perfectly straight until I let off on the stick.

5. BlackTracer

You say "re-calibration". What exactly are you calibrating? Have you calibrated the sticks in the RC assistant, followed by the PC assistant?

6. slothead

Is it at all possible that when you release the right stick (after a straight-ahead flight) you do so moving it at a slight angle to the left? I've discovered that I have a hard time keeping my sticks in a straight line and slightly push or pull them to the side. My fingers don't usually move in a straight line without a lot of concentration.

7. CYeutter

I'll try to keep an eye on how I release the stick or maybe try just letting it bounce back to spring loaded center. See if that makes a difference.
    Regarding calibration. I calibrate both the bird and the controller although the most recent time, two days ago, I only did the bird. The problem extends farther back than that although it seems to be getting worse. Thanks for your replies.