Veering to left when full throttle ascend

Reaction score
So tonight I wanted to run a battery down so I setup in backyard and got ready to fly. After it was safe to fly I hovered a bit then just starting flying back and fourth no higher than 10 feet off the ground.....about 9min into my flight I did a full throttle ascend and when I did this it veered to left about 6-8 feet while going up.......I tried again and it kept doing the same thing. I have done this before and it has never veered like that....if I ascend slowly it stays straight. Has this happened to anyone before?????. It worries me

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's wild. I wonder if it could be a bad/bent prop. Maybe swap props (corner to corner) and see if it drifts right.?? Just a guess. Please keep us informed of your findings. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thats a good idea i'll try that. The props I used are brand new and I just balanced them...I RIT dyed them and one did feel weird when putting it on

Checked screws, those are good. Going to try RC calibration then test it....then I'll try my original props...im hoping it was a fluke

Mine when going about 50% full speed forward turns to the left, from what I understand this is a prop balance issue? Have not purchased a prop balancer yet so I have unbalanced props.

Mine when going about 50% full speed forward turns to the left, from what I understand this is a prop balance issue? Have not purchased a prop balancer yet so I have unbalanced props.
The props I used were balanced.....first flight was great...next day it would veer...I checked balance again and it was fine..I calibrated the rc and am going to test again with 3 other sets of props. Check out walmart.com for prop balancers...i got a really good one for $23 when other places wanted $45 for the same one

Try doing the rc calibration...you dont need the air craft on to do it..just rc and app...really easy and quick to do..might be worth a shot to see if it will fix your problem

Sounds like a bad compass calibration

Looks like the RC stick calibration worked. Tried with all my props and all is good. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Reactions: captainmilehigh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers