Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

various newbie questions P3A

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jamespb78, Feb 10, 2016.

1. jamespb78

HI all,

P3A arriving today. A couple of questions I haven't been able to find definitive answers for (and lve done heaps of reading!).

1) Does the vision position system (sonar?) need to be turned off if flying over water? If so, can this be disabled before flight, or is it required for take off?

2) Doing the CSC commands with the joystick to turn the motors off.... I have read different reports saying don't do it during flight, and others that said it won't work during flight anyway - as the aircraft knows its flying and this disables that command. Which is correct?

3) Circular polariser - I've used these heaps on my DSLR, and they need to be rotated before each shot to adjust the polarisation affect. Do the ones for the for Phantom 3 need to be rotated? If so, do you just make a guess before flight depending on the angle your shooting?

Thanks

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

1. The VPS doesn't work higher than 10 feet. It can't lock on to the water surface.
    Many flyers just switch it off altogether because it's mostly for indoor flying.

2. Anyone that tells you that CSC doesn't work in flight is someone you shouldn't trust for details.
    The manual is very clear about it and learning from those that have tried it should be enough.
    CSC will instantly stop the motors whether the Phantom is in the air or on the ground.
    Maybe your informant is confused with the Left STick Down which is the normal method of descending and is completely safe in the air but will kill the motors 3 secs after the Phantom has landed.

3. Yes .. exactly the same, so not much use unless you set them up for one particular angle and fly just for that shot.

3. jamespb78

Thanks,

Just turned it on for the first time - what does the sequence of beeps mean? Not referring to the little jingle it plays when you turn it on, but mine does a series of beeps after this....cant find answer in the user manual yet.

4. nick4098

It depends on the sequence of beeps. Can you elaborate on how many beeps in each sequence? Also, there may be some flashing of the rear LEDs which will help you to diagnose the issue.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

The Phantom makes lot of different beeps. If you aren't able to figure this out, then please post a video so we can see/hear exactly what you are describing.

6. jamespb78

It plays the jingle, does the gimble dance, then I get 3 beeps. Front lights red, rear single flash green.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. jamespb78

I made a video, you'll hear the beeps I'm talking about at the end of the video clip.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

Did you delete the BIN from your memory card?

9. jamespb78

There is no BIN file on the card. I haven't updated any firmware either. Still on version 1.4.10+

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

10. jamespb78

Apparently it is the "boot tone", indicating the boot is finished. I've watched a few YouTube videos and all the phantoms in those videos also make the same 3 beeps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app