Variable ND2-400 filters for the P3S

Reaction score
So I want a few filters and I'm in no way a cinematographer so spending $80 on a set of filters seems pointless more so if I swap up to a P4 later on. but then found variable filters but all seem to be threaded. Dose anyone know of push on variable filters for the P3s?

Also dose anyone know diameter of the 4K camera used on the p3 pro and advance? Depending on the size maybe a work around could be made up to use threaded filters on the p3s

Reactions: KayJay
Yea that filter is a screw on too, says p3s but there are no threads on the camera. I see that a lot and wonder how many times they are caught out.

Yea that filter is a screw on too, says p3s but there are no threads on the camera. I see that a lot and wonder how many times they are caught out.
On the P3 4K, P3A & P3P, you have to unscrew the original lens first then screw on your filter.

I had tried to remove the original lens filter on my P3 - I never was able to get it off

If you have anything other than the standard, the best way to remove the lens is to use a pair of rubber "grippy" gloves, do not squeeze the lens.

I have the P3 4k - my biggest fear if breaking something...:eek:

Thanks - I will pick up some gloves today and give it another shot - really need to get a ND filter on this bird.

Sorry about the thread hijack!

I have the P3 4k - my biggest fear if breaking something...:eek:

The only way I have found to remove it is to have the proper gloves, and hold the camera stationary with your other hand.

Thanks - I will pick up some gloves today and give it another shot - really need to get a ND filter on this bird.

Sorry about the thread hijack!
Others have suggested using a rubber band also.
The key is to get a good grip, without too much pressure.
Too much pressure distorts the shape enough so that the threads bind.

I read on here to try the charging cord for an apple devise. The cords are soft and very pliable. Wrap the cord around the lens cover, pinch the circle shut with thumb and first finger, hold the cam with your other hand and turn. I couldn't get mine to unscrew when I bouget it no matter what and tried the cord idea and it works like a charm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj