Vancouver skyline in 4K !!

Nice work. Hard for me to tell if there is a discernible difference between 1080p and 4k without seeing the same scenes with the same light, etc. etc.

Obviously you have no issues managing 4k volume?

I am replacing my Gopro with a Hero 4 in a couple of weeks and still trying to decide Silver or Black. I am not a professional, but $100 difference doesn't bother me either.

4silver does 15fps while 4black does 30fps no point buying a silver one... big difference in 15 vs 30...and 1080p 60fps vs 120fps...id go wit black all day ! future proof as well :)

takes a bit longer to do 4k in post but im sure its worth it for the people who have big 4k tvs :)

flyinphantom said:
id go wit black all day ! future proof as well :)

I can't think of a single camera that I have (I own over 30) that is future proof.

flyinphantom said:
anything that shoots 4k is future proof for me... i guess u look at it differently
If that's the case, then the 3+ Black shoots 4k and should be future proof for you. Same with the 4 Silver.

try watching a movie at 15fps and then at 30 fps and tell me if it looks the same silver4 vs black4 night and day difference at 4k.. anyone with any basic video knowledge should know it makes a big difference ...

flyinphantom said:
try watching a movie at 15fps and then at 30 fps and tell me if it looks the same silver4 vs black4 night and day difference at 4k.. anyone with any basic video knowledge should know it makes a big difference ...
I know there is a difference. All I'm pointing out is that you said ANYTHING that shoots 4k is future proof. Well, apparently not because the 3+ Black and 4 Silver both shoot 4k, yet you clearly feel strongly about the 4 Black's 4k abilities being superior (and I agree).

My point is that it, the 4 Black, is not future proof. No camera is future proof. Very few things, if any, in the electronic world are future proof.

You said ANYTHING 4k is future proof, that includes the 3+ Black and 4 Silver. We both agree the 4 Black in 4k is superior. So clearly not ANYTHING that shoots 4k is future proof.

If the 4 Black were future proof, then GoPro would have no future.

The 4 Black is not the end all be all camera, sorry. They will come out with new version with improved features, optics, dynamic range, ISO performance, etc. Just as they, and most successful camera manufacturers, have always done.

If thinking a camera is future proof gives you comfort and peace of mind in spending that kind of money, then so be it. But that doesn't make it true. :)

i guess u didnt get the agree to disagree message ....that should tell u that im done discussing the topic... but i guess u wanna keep trying to get your point across

I got the message. You can agreed to disagree all you want. Doesn't mean I have to. :)

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :lol:

Nice scenery, good flying and editing. Did you have an SFOC from TC to do this?

Not correct. You have adds in your videos they are now considered commercial as you can monitize them.

TC rules state any flight within 5 miles of a built up area require a sfoc regardless of the uav size. Built up area is anything larger then a farmstead according to TC.

You could face up to a $10,000 fine for this type of flying

Chriserl said:
Not correct. You have adds in your videos they are now considered commercial as you can monitize them.

TC rules state any flight within 5 miles of a built up area require a sfoc regardless of the uav size. Built up area is anything larger then a farmstead according to TC.

There is definitely a question in my mind, first, if this would be considered recreational or commercial by TC. I have heard from the local TC office here, that any ads or even a "Like" on a youtube video and they consider it commercial. (Sounds to me they are overreaching but that would probably have to be tested in court) And you are correct, if considered commercial, it would next be in the exemption because of weight, BUT, as you quoted, must be 5 miles from built up areas(only farmland or less), or an SFOC is needed. To my knowledge, TC has not actually fined anyone using this logic yet(recreational with ads or "likes",makes it commercial). Hope this guy does not become their test case.

Also, aren't there a lot of small sea planes flying and landing all around that area? Seem to remember seeing them last time I was there. Another hazard to watch out for, in that area.

As for the future .... in 5 years we'll be shooting 8K with our GoPro Hero 6's....!

Khudson7 said:
Chriserl said:

There is definitely a question in my mind, first, if this would be considered recreational or commercial by TC. I have heard from the local TC office here, that any ads or even a "Like" on a youtube video and they consider it commercial. (Sounds to me they are overreaching but that would probably have to be tested in court) And you are correct, if considered commercial, it would next be in the exemption because of weight, BUT, as you quoted, must be 5 miles from built up areas(only farmland or less), or an SFOC is needed. To my knowledge, TC has not actually fined anyone using this logic yet(recreational with ads or "likes",makes it commercial). Hope this guy does not become their test case.

Also, aren't there a lot of small sea planes flying and landing all around that area? Seem to remember seeing them last time I was there. Another hazard to watch out for, in that area.

Yah just trying to educate and there is a seaplane base in the area, the TC regs are confusing to follow at best. They look as though anything under 2 kg is exempt until you read all the way through . Just because you can afford an item doesn't mean there isn't rules regarding it's use. There's been a few flying around the airport causing trouble and it's only going to take 1 bad mistake before they don't allow them at all. Wouldn't want it to be me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers