V3 Vision + with Ipad Mini

Reaction score
Just bought a V+. Was wanting to know if I can use my ipad mini with it. I do not have a data plan with the Ipad mini. Just the WIFI version. Can I still use it out in the field??
THanks

:D
Yes. I also use the iPad mini. The pad gets its wifi connection directly from the range extender. No need for cellular service.
Get a Hoodi for sun and reflective light protection. You'll like it! This is my winter setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 789
Fplvert said:
Yes. I also use the iPad mini. The pad gets its wifi connection directly from the range extender. No need for cellular service.
Get a Hoodi for sun and reflective light protection. You'll like it! This is my winter setup.

I love the attached mitts!

You will either need to cache the google maps to your ipad before you are at your flying location if you plan to use the ground station part of the app, or alternately, just enable the hotspot feature of your smart phone and you can download the google maps to the ipad that way.

How do you cache google maps?

From the app, just zoom in an out over the area you intend to fly in with an internet wifi connection... i typically just use my phone as a hotspot from the flying site and i tend to forget to do it before i leave the house.

Fplvert said:

Can you also use the IPad Air? Anything to do to it before I download the DJI App? I won't be using it for a ground station as of now. I'm just tired of using Samsung Note 3 for FPV. I have Verizon 4g and wifi available.

Dynamic home point will not work with the iPad mini 4g Wifi. I learned this the hard way and now am stuck with a brand new $700 iPad mini wifi 4g that I can't return.

happydays said:
There isn't a specific app for the ipad. You just download the iphone one and use it. Works well, except for a tiny bit of the screen on the top right that isn't clear - but you'd hardly notice it.

Such a dumb question but, I can't even find the correct DJI App on the App store for the I Pad Air to download. Any suggestions?
All I see is those WiFi booster apps.

dirkclod said:
len750 said:
happydays said:
There isn't a specific app for the ipad. You just download the iphone one and use it. Works well, except for a tiny bit of the screen on the top right that isn't clear - but you'd hardly notice it.

Such a dumb question but, I can't even find the correct DJI App on the App store for the I Pad Air to download. Any suggestions?
All I see is those WiFi booster apps.

Top left-hand it says ipad only ..Tap it then tap iPhone only and there it is .

Well I'll be a son of a .... Thank you very much dirkclod.

Click on iPad only at the top right, pull down and select iPhone only. It is called DJI Vision and works fine on my iPad mini.

Is there really no specific iPad vision app. The one for the iPhone looks terrible on iPad air 2. Totally pixelated. There is an iPad specific app for the Inspire 1drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav