Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

V3 Vision + with Ipad Mini

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Tripc, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Tripc

Just bought a V+. Was wanting to know if I can use my ipad mini with it. I do not have a data plan with the Ipad mini. Just the WIFI version. Can I still use it out in the field??
    THanks

2. Fplvert

:D
    Yes. I also use the iPad mini. The pad gets its wifi connection directly from the range extender. No need for cellular service.
    Get a Hoodi for sun and reflective light protection. You'll like it! This is my winter setup.

Attached Files:

3. Texphantom

I love the attached mitts!

4. dbfletcher

You will either need to cache the google maps to your ipad before you are at your flying location if you plan to use the ground station part of the app, or alternately, just enable the hotspot feature of your smart phone and you can download the google maps to the ipad that way.

5. Tripc

How do you cache google maps?

6. dbfletcher

From the app, just zoom in an out over the area you intend to fly in with an internet wifi connection... i typically just use my phone as a hotspot from the flying site and i tend to forget to do it before i leave the house.

7. len750

Can you also use the IPad Air? Anything to do to it before I download the DJI App? I won't be using it for a ground station as of now. I'm just tired of using Samsung Note 3 for FPV. I have Verizon 4g and wifi available.

8. happydays

There isn't a specific app for the ipad. You just download the iphone one and use it. Works well, except for a tiny bit of the screen on the top right that isn't clear - but you'd hardly notice it.

9. bcass1

Dynamic home point will not work with the iPad mini 4g Wifi. I learned this the hard way and now am stuck with a brand new $700 iPad mini wifi 4g that I can't return.

10. len750

Such a dumb question but, I can't even find the correct DJI App on the App store for the I Pad Air to download. Any suggestions?
    All I see is those WiFi booster apps.

11. len750

Well I'll be a son of a .... Thank you very much dirkclod.

12. BMech

Click on iPad only at the top right, pull down and select iPhone only. It is called DJI Vision and works fine on my iPad mini.

13. len750

Thanks BMech

14. flydogs

Is there really no specific iPad vision app. The one for the iPhone looks terrible on iPad air 2. Totally pixelated. There is an iPad specific app for the Inspire 1drone.