V3.0 and Vortex Ring State

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the new slow descent mandated by V3.0 seems to be the perfect speed to create a vortex ring state?

I used to just pull back the throttle and sink, then come out of it with no problems. Now it seems to take longer to recover from a slower descent.

I know how to get out of it, it just seems we have found the perfect speed to induce it.

Is it just me or have others noticed this? :?: :?: :?:

Its not so much the speed of the descent its the angle - if you descend at an angle you will always get clean air under the props rather than decending into disturbed air which will simply perpetuate the problem. Just level off near the ground and drop it slowly to land or hand grab in the air.

;)

pyrophantom said:
Its not so much the speed of the descent its the angle - if you descend at an angle you will always get clean air under the props rather than decending into disturbed air which will simply perpetuate the problem. Just level off near the ground and drop it slowly to land or hand grab in the air.

;)

It's speed, angle, and wind direction. Descending with the wind to your back can counteract any lateral/forward movement and still induce VRS. Think of going up a down escalator or running backwards on a treadmill. Your legs are moving forward but you are going no where.

Forward or lateral movement into the wind prevents VRS. GPS mode can enhance VRS. If you know how to fly manual mode then this is best to recover from VRS. Failsafe is not the way to recover from VRS

d4ddyo said:
pyrophantom said:

;)

It's speed, angle, and wind direction. Descending with the wind to your back can counteract any lateral/forward movement and still induce VRS. Think of going up a down escalator or running backwards on a treadmill. Your legs are moving forward but you are going no where.

Forward or lateral movement into the wind prevents VRS. GPS mode can enhance VRS. If you know how to fly manual mode then this is best to recover from VRS. Failsafe is not the way to recover from VRS

True....I was trying to keep it simple lol :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik